No announcement yet.

My first 323! 1989 SE inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize for any doubt, you are truly doing the lord's work.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
      isnt that your car garb6t?
      pretty much.
      his body is a little cleaners seeing how mine was in a wreck before i was even born...
      but pretty much the same car just i have the imark front.

Comment

Nooo its not, haha. that car is a 2nd owner car that currently belongs to my boss and is in storage in the NC mountains. Its had everything from front to back replaced with OE parts, including brand new springs and the factory ride adjustable shocks.

Comment

Dammit the probs with this car are never ending. Replaced the PS pump (other was locked up) and added a belt as it didnt have one.. PS works great, the passenger side rack seal.. not so much. And i still have no brakes even after a Master Cylinder install.. i tried to gravity bleed them, and even got pissed off after an hour of nothing on the rears and pumped the pedal with the bleeders loose and still not 1 drop out of the left rear... absolutely no pedal pressure.. it almost feels like its starting to build up and it starts beating down the poor idle. Im guessing i may have a problem with the booster, or the lack of a gasket behind the MS.. it didnt come with one, and there wasnt one on the old setup..

Comment

I had the same thing happen after repalcing a master cyl on a chevy vega with a rebuilt unit. One of the check valves in the master cyl was bad, if you pump the breaks and hold them, have someone else check the resevoir for fluid coming back. It happens sometimes

Comment

damn brett that sucks man. get it fixed so we can shoot the two 323's. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

haha nice man guess what i have the same car but its 4 door man same engine and **** so whats up with urs im soon putting up pics too mines is like maroon with 133k miles get up with me man
                sigpic-89' 323 SE

Comment

You need some GT parts man! I acquired some GT door panels and seats but the seats were trashed so i threw them out. I'm working 7 days a week so i havent had time to touch the 323. I think im gonna disconnect the brake hoses and see if there is fluid getting to the drums rather than the bleed-off valve. If there is im going to assume the wheel cylinder are f'd some how and ill go ahead and do the rear disc and throw the drums in the trash. Expect some good updates soon!

Comment

yea thats what im going to do alright man ill be here to chat and get updates yo
                    sigpic-89' 323 SE

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                      damn brett that sucks man. get it fixed so we can shoot the two 323's. lol
                      *cough* THREE 323's

Comment

I dont know if this will help in your situation or not but I know what helped me to stiffen up my break peddle was to just ride it in reverse and pump the peddle going backwards. I did that a few time after bleeding the lines and it stiffened up back to normal. Btw You guys going to formula drift in Atl Im movin out there in a month. We should all get pics out there at the track.

Comment

I attend no drift events.

Comment

wouldn't it be sick to convert a 323 to rwd and put it sideways around a track that was asphalt? They drift all sorts of awd cars

Comment

Similar to this Del Sol rwd, they were commenting that on slicks he was going to try if wheelies could be done. Imagine the same deal with a 323...

it can be done for sure, this guy with the Del Sol goes all out to make it happen, here is his thread if you want to see the whole dealiou:

RWD Honda Del Sol from Honda-tech

Comment

I came across this yesterday. This guy did it. He converted a FWD bf hatch to RWD.

Mazda 323 Turbo RWD -''La Unica''- 6.84 E.T.@100 mph 1/8 Mile Still street tuning--Photo Slide--Owner EdgarArtist: FunkyAlbum: Corriendo Para GanarYear: 2007

This Mazda has a Kia Sephia 1.8L engine mated to a Kia Sportage Manual Transmission and god knows what rear differential.

Comment

Working...
                                X