Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 MX-3 RS... soon to have MY BP! (X to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like "borat"

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
    1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

man that looks nice
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Man you are insane
        It looks better than straight from the factory mx3
        Guess you got golden hands to do anything.
        Is everything you do so beautiful :D? wife, kids etc :D? Everything must be perfect ?
        Ivar

Comment

Ivar you rock buddy! Haha!!!

Here's some more pictures...

More Pictures...
          Last edited by Turpro; 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I can't remember, were you going to do boost?

or is this going to be motor for now, then boost?

I am wondering what that engine dyno's at the way you built it, awesome build man
            Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
            Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

Originally posted by hit25cal View Post
              I can't remember, were you going to do boost?

or is this going to be motor for now, then boost?

I am wondering what that engine dyno's at the way you built it, awesome build man
              It's going N/A for the break in and then during the winter I'm gonna build a manifold and boost!

I'm am as well curious to see what it dyno's at... especially N/A with the GTR intake manifold. Thanks!

Oh yeah hit another road block in the build... so the exhaust manifold doesn't match up with my exhaust piping... so I need to dummy up something in the mean time. Also the remote oil cooler and thermostat is giving me a lot of grief trying to find the right fittings and such. I can't wait for that part to be done. Also I'm going MS right away, since it'll take too long to rewire the BP harness to work with the B6 dash and what not's.

Gah, so close... yet so far. I'm hoping to hear a rumble next weekend... turn key that is.
              Last edited by Shades; 07-19-2007, 02:09 AM.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

Here's a progress pic from tonight Jon. All the input circuitry is built, the ignition driver is built, but there is still more to do and the mods we want built on it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lex; 07-20-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Alex, that's lookin' pretty hot damn!

So I'm in the midst of hooking up the oil filter relocation kit, oil thermostat, and oil cooler. Running some 5/8 hose from the block to the filter and hot damn it's about 1" thick, fatter than garden hose... looks waaaaaaay overkill for this small motor.

Still dealing with the exhaust flange issues... gonna go visit a muffler shop to see what they can do for me. Just need something temporary.

I also ordered some ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid for my brakes, has high dry and wet boiling points... gonna runs some sythetic in my tranny and dino oil to break in the engine and then sythetic later on.

No pics, as we're still in the fabbing stages...

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

I cant wait man... every time i see this thread in my user control panel I get as happy as a lil kid at Christmas... when you get done a video is definitely required... take care
                    Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger

Comment

Tonight was running the oil lines night... we had to bend the pipe carefully and around the radiator.

Check out the fat oil filter, oil thermostat and the oil cooler.

More Pictures...

I didn't have time tonight to do up the hoses from the engine... maybe tomorrow after I clean my pad.
                      Last edited by Turpro; 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

I get more and more envious as this build progresses. It should purr like a kitty when idling and growl like a lion at WOT when you're done.
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

man i bet your going to get like 6 quarts out of this thing now... i want you to build me an engine... muah haha

Comment

wow! why are you using copper lines rather than just the regular ruber type hoses?
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Looks down right sexy!

my only concern would be, how much oil will be left behind in those lines when you drain the pan and remove the filter? just a thought
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

There is rubber hose from the engine to my setup, not hooked up yet... copper why, cause it's easy to bend, free to me, and high pressure and high heat.

I'm not worried about that one extra quart that's gonna be in the lines to and from the cooler... there's gonna be so much more oil.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Working...
                                X