No announcement yet.

Rebuild of my bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honing is easy, just hook up the honing device (most auto stores have one, I personally like the ball type) to a drill, and run it up and down the walls till you have a nice cross-hatch pattern.

Did you hot tank any of the parts or just carbclean them?
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Its not to hard to hone, just make sure everything is at a 45Degree angle.. I aint no mechanic. But my buddy who is helpin me do it is.. Just be carefull

Cleaning i used some type of industrial engine degreaser.

Comment

hey, I just found this thread and i was browsing through the pictures, and i was wondering what exactly is this hole??

Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

I belive it is for the oil.

Comment

ok, so like an oil return of some sort

sigpic

Comment

Most likely yes. From the oil to get back down into the pan from the head.

Comment

Yes, it's the drain back from the head.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                Member of MX-3.com
                1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

cool, good thing you guys are around, i thought my block was finished :p

sigpic

Comment

Engines out on thursday, TOok a break on friday, Engine goes in today. will post some pics.

Comment

bump for pics, im @ home & bored.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by TREVO123 View Post
                        Its not to hard to hone, just make sure everything is at a 45Degree angle.. I aint no mechanic. But my buddy who is helpin me do it is.. Just be carefull

Cleaning i used some type of industrial engine degreaser.
                        IIRC... the "Haynes" manual calls for a 30 Degree crosshatch for the BP, which is easy to do with a bit of care.

I'ld also recomend to anyone planning a re-build to pick up a yellow "3M" Nylon? cleaning attachment for your drill. They're about 2.5" or so in diameter, and work great for cleaning all gasket surfaces, and even gets the burt deposits of your pistons, leaving them gleaming and unscored.

and... Engine Assembly Lube.

Does your engine have a MBSP, or is it one of the ones without it?
                        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

what is mbsp..

Comment

main bearing support plate

its the "windage tray" that comes stock in true mazda BP's. the ford version does not have it

Ryan
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

BP is in! Installed, Bolted up, All i gotta do is hook up the wiring harness

Comment

Originally posted by TREVO123 View Post
                                BP is in! Installed, Bolted up, All i gotta do is hook up the wiring harness
                                pics pics pics pics pics pics
                                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                                X