Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Motor swap time is comin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit that crank bolt with a torch, remember heat is your friend. i never had a problem removing anything that was torched. with oxy acetalyne not those little lets solder up some copper tubing bull**** torch kits. use the real thing and it will come off
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

What mx6 injectors do you have? If they're the turbo grey tops oval connectors(the 1s I run) I'd use those. The b6 1s won't be enough for any amount of boost unless you run a fmu but you'll still be limited to like 4-5 psi. Don't play around with boost or boost will play with you
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well, went to the post office and picked up the downpipe from 323driver, very nice. Also while I was there they gave me the mx3 power window switch from Rekognise. Forgot that thing was comin! haha they are both in great condition. Thanks guys Ill post merchant stats in a couple.

@ turpro, yea the mx6 turbo injectors, I think they are gray tops but they are in kind of rough shape. Never got around to sending them out to be cleaned so I dont know if the orings will seal or if the pintles are ****ed, they are really dirty. Wonder if there is any place local to buy injector parts?!

Also have to meet atomic in Hartford sometime tonight and pick up the G series tranny, and stop by genden auto to pick up some lifetime warranty axles. today/tomorrow.

And before that I need to grab the engine lift from a buddy at work before he takes off for vacation lol.

Looks like I may be pulling an all nighter in the garage tonight boys!

Comment

Well today didnt really go as planned. First off had issues with oil pan. Didnt have the right bits, went to a friend to tap it and he tapped it next to the spot your supposed to. Then I needed washers and some nuts for that... After we got that settled Caymen and his bro showed up and let me know the camshaft dowel pin was sheared off. Somehow it snapped and was sitting flush in the camshaft. So I went and got that drilled out and then went to about 6 stores to find a dowel to fit in there. Finally found one at Rockys that fit perfect.

Managed to get that back together and Tino went right into getting the crank pulley off so we can get the timing belt on. That went on pretty smoothly. After that we threw the turbo on to mock it up, didnt tighten it up. Starting to look good. Got the oil pan all sealed up nice. Oh yea, got the flywheel and clutch bolted up too.

Swapped out the stock downpipe for the 2.5" SS one I got from 323driver. Goes on very nice and the placement is great, but, A/C has to go.

Anywho, it turns out I still need a few things. I need an Engine harness from a protege or 323 or EGT. The B6 one didnt look like it would work. I also need a throttle body from an Auto BP for the 4 wire TPS.

FYI, Cassie did most of the work.
          Attached Files

Comment

word, we got alot done in very little time... i'd still like to know WTF happened to the other 4 dudes that said they were down to come by... My car isnt even registered and i found my way from CT up to MA to help him out.....
            What happened CP???? lol

Cassie gettin to work!

Gates Racing FTW!! Serious business lol

Cassie gettin the oil pan bolts in

Good ol' VJ20!

Fidanza Flywheel and ACT clutch on

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
            MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

my bad i was supposed to but i jumped on a last minute deep sea fishing trip. but it looked like you guys had well under control

Comment

i had to work.... im guessing its still not done????
                323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Its not in the car yet but its about 90% ready to go in. We are hoping for the coming Sunday to drop it in..

I have not received my intercooler set up yet and I need to buy an engine harness and auto throttle body before we can do the swap.

Comment

i got a harness for the sohc 5spd idk if it will work....
                    323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Got the harness from Mik. And sent money for the throttle body.

Realized I need a mechanical speed-o gear and older cluster for my mx-3. arg

Comment

Ok so it looks like Tino has the last pieces of the puzzle. Swap will take place THIS SUNDAY.

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO COME BY ILL PM YOU MY ADDY.

edit: except for the intercooler/piping/bov.

Any advice on running non-intercooled until the fmic kit gets here?
                        Last edited by Pox; 08-25-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

tino and his bro FTW!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                            Any advice on running non-intercooled until the fmic kit gets here?
                            Don't do it. High IAT FTMFL.
                            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

booo

Comment

exactly what i was gonna say, dont do it lol... u may as well have run the car with the sheared off cam pin, just cuz it would probably blow up just as fast lol

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                                MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Working...
                                X