Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Promazda Meet Information:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the great work of keeping things going Jo....
    A couple of things in general about this meet.....

1. My vote is Forest for the BBQ.... coz later we can play and stuff in the forest.... could even get kinky LOL

2. What time to be there in the morning on the 8th?
    I recommend that a South Florida Intense Performance crew that wants to go convoys together to save time, hassle, lost souls, etc.
    Just a suggestion though. I will not spoon feed people like I did for NOPI for this trip though. I'll give you the info required ahead of time so its up to you to be at the rendez-vous point.

3. Are other clubs allowed to join? Can i invite our sister clubs, the CorollaCarClub and SelectiveStyles to come to this event?
    That would add 10 or so Corollas, and SS only has about 6-7 members that everyone already knows.

4. Any info re: hotels?

Talk to you later.... Vlad
    Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
    262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
    ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Im trying to gather more info but I can only work as fast as other people respond. I can ask Ghost if he cares if clubs other then Mazdas show..I know I DONT but I dont know how he feels on the situation

Oh and dues were dropped on me. not expensive (maybe you should consider the same)

Ghost had to shell out 3K for his last meet and decided it would be better for others to contribute...just as you have too Vlad. So hes made it so its $20 every 4 months. So its $60 a year for the club. I hope this doesnt make people cringe and run away. I know moneys tight...(it just got much tighter for me) but i hope you all see it as a worthy cause.
      Sagaris

Comment

How come I do not see any mention of these dues ither than your post above? There is nothing on ProMazda regarding dues.
        I don't mind chipping in to help out at meats and such, but requiring people to pay dues is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
          How come I do not see any mention of these dues ither than your post above? There is nothing on ProMazda regarding dues.
          I don't mind chipping in to help out at meats and such, but requiring people to pay dues is just wrong.
          Its Ghosts thing NOT MINE. I posted it here because it was an Idea for Vlad. I havent posted it elsewhere because I dont know all of the details about it and I dont want people to run screaming into the night about it. I dont want to make people pay dues if they dont want to but its his thing. Im going to ask him to address it at the first meet and see if we can stay out of that maybe until we grow. I havent seen it anywhere in the Promazda threads except in the one Ghost posted on Mazdamp3.com in a Cali thread. Other than that he has mentioned it breifly and like I said I wanted to let Vlad in on it because hes sick of paying for stuff too. It was just an idea. Im not going to twist arms about it. You guys are giving up enough to make it to this first meet.
          Sagaris

Comment

Thanks for the info and ideas Jo..... I wouldn't mind paying dues (maybe not so high though) to help out get stuff for a club and for its meets..... but i know for a fact that most people would not pay more than $20 or $25 a year to be a member of any club.
            And i would hate to lose members over "paying dues" and also either everyone would pay or no-one otherwise i wouldn't see it working out.
            The up side is that i think more members would come to picnics and stuff because "their" dues $s are being spent.
            Later...

P.S. what happened with everyones post counts?

...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Originally posted by Devl323
              Thanks for the info and ideas Jo..... I wouldn't mind paying dues (maybe not so high though) to help out get stuff for a club and for its meets..... but i know for a fact that most people would not pay more than $20 or $25 a year to be a member of any club.
              And i would hate to lose members over "paying dues" and also either everyone would pay or no-one otherwise i wouldn't see it working out.
              The up side is that i think more members would come to picnics and stuff because "their" dues $s are being spent.
              Later...

P.S. what happened with everyones post counts?
              too many people trying to post to get their counts higher and feel superior to others on account of their #'s which this forum isnt about that.

I honestly expected the dues to be more than what they are. And like I said I dont know the details about it all I know is that Ghost paid 3K for their last meet and he doesnt want to do it again. I would rather just ask members to contribute. I will see about talkin to him about it.
              Sagaris

Comment

True, it gets competitive on other forums from what i have seen.... the posts per day is cool too.
                Btw, do you know the details of the 3K? Thats outrageous.
                PM me if you prefer not to share publicly.

Comment

*Updated info*

The meet will start around 10....rather that is when everyone is expected to be at the museum...that is when they were told we were going to be there

Its $12 a head and we might have Sonny's cater to the party. Im going to get a rough head count and get a price.
                  Sagaris

Comment

any plans for the evening?
                    i doubt that museum is big enough to hold our attention/interest for more than hour or two. we'll eat after that and check out each other's cars. lets say by 4 we are done. what are we going to do then? what is there to do in ocala and in surrounding areas in the evening?

intense people, please post if you will be going. jo needs a head count and me and vlad need to plan the trip.
                    <B>Dima</B>
                    Intense Performance
                    South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
                    1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
                    Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
                    Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5
                      any plans for the evening?
                      i doubt that museum is big enough to hold our attention/interest for more than hour or two. we'll eat after that and check out each other's cars. lets say by 4 we are done.
                      Don't forget we were gonna maybe do a photoshoot sometime that day as well, preferably right after the food and before we start checking each others cars...

Originally posted by YellowMP5
                      intense people, please post if you will be going. jo needs a head count and me and vlad need to plan the trip.
                      I'll do an email to all the club members with their addresses BCC'd to urge them to join ClubProtege and get on this bus already (i mean thread) and to tell em about the trip and that we need a headcount.
                      Whats an acceptable deadline-to-respond date Jo?

Comment

Ok, this is the deal with the club, dues, rules ect....

It has been brought to my attencion that people are starting to ask about dues. This is the reasoning behind them:
                        1.Big ProMazda events will be fully paid for by the club, this consists of:
                        "Best of Meet" trophy for the best looking car.
                        Pa system for announcments to be made, and music.
                        Location rent..(ie:park,lake,stadium ect...)
                        Photo shoots
                        Raffle Items
                        2.Enteries to shows, and competitions(NOPI,HIN)
                        3.Club sponsorships
                        4.Advertising
                        5.Website updates

The Promazda Pres (Justin) will deligate those funds to the chapter presidents for them to use for their events. NONE of the funds will be used for personal use. This will be made clear right now, this is OUR club, not any one persons.

Chapter presidents MAY revise the rules and regulations to match the area that they live, but still have to comply with the overall integrity of them.

The dues are not set in stone yet, nor has an amount been agreed upon by the senior club officers. When implemented they will take effect within 60 days of public announcement by the chapter presidents. The projected date of the dues taking place is 01-01-2004.

I hope this answers some questions about the dues and how the new club structure will run. Any questions please consult the local area chapter president.

Thank you!
                        Mike (Ghost) Rodriguez
                        Promazda Co-Fownder/Owner
                        Last edited by ghost; 10-03-2003, 08:35 PM.

Comment

hey dont for get dima and vlad im goin u damn losers lol ooh yea wat road u takin turnpike for most of the way or wat lol

Laser Blue Mp5 03.5
                          mods:
                          --Ms Axle back EXHAUST
                          --Injen Intake (color Blue)
                          --Thumpity Thump In the Trunkity Trunk

Comment

Ghost, your post sounds good... i'll look out for further info and let you know if we have any questions. Thanks for clarifying.

EviLman, we won't forget you bro....

Jo, will we still go to a park or something at all? Maybe just for the photoshoot or to cruise around or something?

EDIT:
                            EviLman, we'll most likely be taking I-95 till Fort Pierce then Tpke to Ocala since traffic is minimal on sat. mornings on 95 and we'll all save on tolls this way.
                            Last edited by Devl323; 10-05-2003, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devl323

Jo, will we still go to a park or something at all? Maybe just for the photoshoot or to cruise around or something?

I posted somewhere else that I was going to go to Busch Gardens on sunday if anyone wants to join please feel free
                              Sagaris

Comment

ahhhh on sunday ima be leavin in the mornin and headin over to ucf to visist a couple of friends i havent seen. ooh and vlad when u get the detial just tell me were to meet ya and ****

Laser Blue Mp5 03.5
                                mods:
                                --Ms Axle back EXHAUST
                                --Injen Intake (color Blue)
                                --Thumpity Thump In the Trunkity Trunk

Comment

Working...
                                X