Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Anual Nationwide All Gen Protege Meet Spring 04!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trust me, no southern town is going to cozy up to 20 to 30 out of state wierdo's gathering in shopping malls, stripping apart cars and what not. they're not too friendly around my parts either, though wouldn't be unfeasible. i think if anything, i can talk to some family members and swing being able to use a 12 acre ranch.. plenty of grass to park on if it's not too wet.. location would be in kentucky . i think the best thing to do is try and contact the locality where we're planning to go and file the paper work to LEGALLY have the meet there.. meaning, some place they wouldn't give a flying ****. i mean, if we're going to have a meet, i want the flexibility of throwing someone's car up on jack stands.. you know? at anyrate, keep plugging locations away.. the bottom line is NONE of us are going to be able to swing a local meet truely cause it's going to be a little out of the way, requiring some amount of driving (in other words be prepared to drive the 10 to 15 hours if necessary). at any rate
    peace

Comment

dude they are planning a national meet in the California section on msprotege.com.

rock on
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I know exactly what you mean guys, point well made and taken. Duh, I can't believe i didn't think of that lol (don't get out of FL much since i moved to the US in '99)
        But seriously, let's see who else joins this thread and where they are and go from there. I like the call-ahead-of-time idea to reserve a spot.
        BTW, what was the timeframe for this meet? What month?
        Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
        262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
        ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

yeah it would definetly be best for the meet to be located somewhere where the west cost guys could get ot ...
          But for us pro guys up in the corners like new york , Conecticut and down in florida ... the trip would be a bitch..
          Central for new york and florida is south caroline at south of the boarder.

Shoot new york to michigan is about 11 hours...
          It would definetly be a sweet meet and would really be crazy.. That would be the most Protege's at a meet evar
          Bruce
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ill drive pretty much anywhere..it would be nice toget like a pack tho

Comment

We could do a dyno-day. Find a shop somewhere that can set us up with a group rate.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yeah ...this sounds sweet....

A spot more towards east coast would be a little more convientient...at least for most of us in canada.....probubly at least 75% are from ontario (souther Qubec too)

i'm sure there would be mini meets before this big one...with people meeting up ahead of time to drive out together..I"m up for it..may sounds good ...

hopefully my swap will be broken in by then
                -=Jesse Goertzen=-

92 Protege SE | 1.8 DOHC SWAP w/SOHC Tranny | White

Alpine, Kicker, Boston, Infinity, Panisonic, Lightning Audio | Tokico, Eibach, Vibrant | Ractive

"I make your car go 'Kiki Boom Boom' fast, OK?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by jgoertzen
                  Yeah ...this sounds sweet....

A spot more towards east coast would be a little more convientient...at least for most of us in canada.....probubly at least 75% are from ontario (souther Qubec too)

i'm sure there would be mini meets before this big one...with people meeting up ahead of time to drive out together..I"m up for it..may sounds good ...

hopefully my swap will be broken in by then
                  Well if all the canadain guys meet up then drove down that would be cool. I'm game for that. Now the big question will be is where do we meet?
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                  X