Rice's Epic 323 worklog........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice good work!
    GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
    AND
    THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

The harness is installed, there are a few problems still.
      Installed it yesterday and gave up when the car wouldnt run.

Today I went out there with my meter, wire diagram book and a fresh attitude.

Problems yesterday:
      No start
      coil 0v
      fuel pump relay 0v

Today:
      repinned coil plug at dash (weird that it needed repinned)
      Hard wired fp relay
      She runs
      Problems:
      No tach
      2-3k idle (fixed, BB hose was off lol)
      need to decide where to get switched power from for fp relay
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

get busy, slacker

Comment

So it looks like the tach is grounded to the coil. That makes no sense to me.
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Bump for diagram
            Does it really matter where the tach is grounded?
            I can simply ground it inside the cabin to make life simple.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wheresthericego; 10-12-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

the coil "ground" is the signal wire

sooo. no you cant ground it

do you have a tachometer/engine diagnostic tester? try hooking to the coil neg and see if you get a tach reading from it (you should if the cars running)
              then try the tach side and and the diagnostic box (which you said you reoved so that wire is probably the root of the issue now that i think of it)
              to see where your not getting a tach signal
              Last edited by MD323; 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM.
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

That makes no sense tho. Why would the ground be the signal? Does the ground pulsate everytime the coil sends out a spark?

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                  That makes no sense tho. Why would the ground be the signal? Does the ground pulsate everytime the coil sends out a spark?
                  read my edit too

the coil is grounded to the neg side of the battery and to get the coil to fire the ECU side of the wire is connected to the rest of the circuit by the ECU. allowing the coil to fire, so yes it does pulse think of it like a light bulb you put the switch on the negative side of the bulb in between it and the battery and turn the switch completes the circuit
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

that radiator is hella sick dude where did u get that 4m
                    sigpic

Comment

4m=form?

I got it FROM a BF member here who cant use it. He got it from ebay.

Comment

oh ok thanks 4 lettin me know were u got it FROM lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

more pics man this looks awsome!

Comment

Pics soon to come:
                            Today I figured out the no power problem. (read ground issue)
                            I made a jumper ground wire for a temporary solution until I have time for a more permanant solution.
                            Need to install the cd player from the protege as I swapped the stock cd player from the 323 to the pro for the miata trade.
                            Also I need to run the tach signal wire, install the infini corners, EDM garnish and get the interior back to a normal condition.
                            Tomorrow will be busy as I'm leaving for the mountains friday.

Comment

I got the tach working, It was a matter of repinning again. strange why that would be in a different location.
                              Also installed the infini corners finally

Comment

lookin good nate
                                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X