No announcement yet.

Rice's Epic 323 worklog........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed the apexi turbo timer today. It was very simple in the first place and I found that the previous owner had a turbotimer installed already but took it out and left the wiring. It was a different brand but I was able to splice into that and it works great.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Update:
        Waterpump is here. Turbo oil return line is here, I might need to bend the last 2" of the barbed fitting to get it right.
        I'm still waiting for the oil pump to get here, I need to pick up some sealant for the crankcase since i'll have to take that off again. Also will need some blue locktite for the crank pulley. Also need to dig in my bolts bucket for 3 exhaust manifold studs and bolts since they're $6 each from the dealer.
        I also need to look into remounting the rear spoiler. One of the screws sheared off and since the car frequently sees triple digit speeds I dont want to have it fly off. Still need to pick up some oil and a VC gasket.

Comment

any pic updates?

Comment

lol no, I'll snap a pic tomorrow of the engine the way its sitting

Comment

Pic of the new Oil return line vs the old bull**** leaky fail tank brass ****
              I might need to bend the new one 15°. We'll see

Comment

Also I got the single gauge pod today. Man it is really nice quality. Its a lot better than 90% of the other "universal" single pods. Andd I got a Innovate digital (blue) AFR gauge. I'll hook that up soon. I guess while i'm doing everything else...

Comment

^^ let me know how the new setup works for ya, I may go the same route
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

damn that turbo must come close to the block and sit low

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                      damn that turbo must come close to the block and sit low
                      Yes and yes. I'm about to go snap a pic for you since you love mah pic updates

Comment

Just for smoke:

Comment

WOW it sits so low that it came off! lol

Comment

pic's are always a plus to any project

i still want one of them fuel rails

Comment

i have those same ramps, there handy
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Damn **** eating rain!!! I'm never going to finish the 323. I want a fast car again

Comment

Working...
                                X