Rayman's 90 323 work log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
    that's my buddy's house. i was over there using his driveway/garage while they were running a garage/yard sale....i need to make fun of him today at work about that VHS. thanks for pointing it out
    He also has/had "She's all that" over on therght side on the box.
    This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

haha, he claims that they're this mother-in-law's VHSs....but i dont buy it
      95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

kragen finally got my upper spring seats today (which were missing from the coilovers setup), so the front tokico/sprint combo went on...

i dont have the lower rubber seat, so a 3/8" hose would have to do

old v. new...my dumb ass put the whole assembly together then realized i left the bumpstop in the old one, so i had to take everything down to get to it

done
        95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

took it for a ride...feels a bit better, ride height didnt change too much, probably 1/4" or so higher but really, the old janky setup wasnt all that bad suprisingly. will post ride height comparo pics tomorrow. still tons of body roll, i'm gonna work on the endlinks next so i can put the addco bar up.

Comment

looking great so far man! I love those rims!

I need to get me a 323...
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

thanks...

well heres a pic of the new setup, compared to previous, which isnt stock. front came up a little, the rear looks to be the same as before - maybe a slight rise, but now front-back is almost identical...at least by eye.

Comment

after neglecting the upper wing for over a month, finally finished it up today:

i "squeezed" it w/ bondo to the hatch, so now it fits pretty well, but yea, before it fit like ass, never truly mated to the hatch cuz the spoiler underside didnt match the contour of the hatch...at all. i also molded the brake light in, and it will be primered over, the thing never worked, lens was cracked, the screws were stripped/rusted. just wasnt worth it.

this weekend im taking off the lower one, and gonna wrap up the body work cuz its going into the paint booth the following weekend for primer.

Comment

nice work ..
                  sigpic
                  R.I.P 93 Mazda 1.8 Turbo
                  now BP26(GTX) on a 91mazda323 381whp @18psi with microtech lt8..
                  91 mazda 323 v6 klde

Comment

ok, was a productive day but still lots to wrap up for next weekend in time for primer. weather was PERFECT today, overcast, cool (a bit too cool at times), full 8am-7pm day...onto the pics:

cleaned up the 3rd brake delete

more shaving goodness

the car was already equipped with the release lever, but had to add a small strip of spring steel to pop the door

started taking off alot of parts, including bumpers, some parts will be left off this week, but bumpers got put back on, just wanted to do a "test removal" so i dont waste time during my paint booth time to take things off

Comment

had to notch the flange of the bumper structure to clear the fogs

new front bumper cover w/ fogs

Comment

had to notch the flange of the bumper structure to clear the fogs

new front bumper cover w/ fogs

Nice notch in the bumper, I may have to do that, mine may not fit, thanks for the idea. Keep those pics coming in.
                        This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

wow i want it

you know the springs will be lower after you drive it for a little bit right?

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                            wow i want it

you know the springs will be lower after you drive it for a little bit right?
                            yea, they'll settle, i know

Comment

i like the hood vents man, i've got the same set i was going to throw on my 626, but i thought they were to big haha, guess not!

how did you mount them?? anymore pics?
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Dood...I just noticed you have a vacume cleaner attachment on the front of your car. Is the state paying you for your hard work trying to keep the streets clean of trash that the Honda boys throw out?

Comment

Working...
                                X