No announcement yet.

Rayman's 90 323 work log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Ray - I'll be shaving my 3rd brake light too. The fogs came out perfect.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by superscort93 View Post
      Dood...I just noticed you have a vacume cleaner attachment on the front of your car. Is the state paying you for your hard work trying to keep the streets clean of trash that the Honda boys throw out?
      yep, its called the "low budget cold air and keep everything CARB legal" intake.
      95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

"strip of spring steel" that was a great idea and the front fogs look great may i ask how you removed the rear bumper i wanna put on those rear foglights on.

looking good ray!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr GoD View Post
          "strip of spring steel" that was a great idea and the front fogs look great may i ask how you removed the rear bumper i wanna put on those rear foglights on.

looking good ray!
          1) remove the screws on each side of the end of the bumper that screws to the wheel opening
          2) get under the car, look under/behind the rear bumper, there should be a washer on each side that is threaded to the studs of the bumper [support], take those 2 off
          3) remove the rear interior panels, and u will see there 2 more on each side of the same washer that hold onto the other studs, remove them

now the entire bumper should side off WITH the support, u cant really just take the rear cover off b/c some of the hardware that hold the cover on cant be accessed from the outside.
          95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

see those 3 holes on each side that lines up in a right angle? top 2 u have to remove from inside the hatch behind the panels, the bottom 1 u have to do it from under the car

Comment

oh and dont forget, if u have the license plate light, u have to unhook it from the bumper and fish it through/out of the plate area, if not that will be tangled w/ the bumper when u try to pull it off.

Comment

I wonder why mazda chose to leave holes in the hatch where the garnish (center reflector) bolts up. At first I thought it was just to equalize pressure (but that's usually done through a diaphragm, and sure enough there is one right behind the left rear wheel), but now I'm not sure why, other than to let rain in for us.

Oh wait, unless the JDM/EDM units came with integral foglights built in the garnish, but still they should have plated them off.

Comment

yea the jdm/edm has rear fogs, but u got to understand the cost of stampings. for them to stamp a different hatch inner panel just for the US ones would probably be a few millions more.

Comment

Great work! Your makin' what was already a pretty cool car even cooler.
                    Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

after almost 40 hrs this weekend, the car is primered....and im suffering from it

anyways, here it is, reassembly begins this week

war zone

lady out of town, poor guy's stuck w/ me all weekend

late into the night

finally ready for spray

done @ 5:30am (monday)

hood

Comment

F'ing sweet, clear coat that primer and leave it that way!
                        This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

That's looking good!

Comment

WOW ray it looks sick. cant wait to check it out in person
                            like lil wayne says: i wish i can **** every girl in the world.

Comment

If you paint that door frame red I'll rescind your cool guy status :D

Comment

what color is your finish paint? or are you leaving it flat black?
                                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X