Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i think this guys taste sucks,..REALLLY BAD... but yeah i think he gets the point.

Let's just face it...this GTR is no more. Move on with life people.

Comment

2 words..... gtr killer.

Comment

Ok, let me start off by saying that MANY people start out in the ricer stage cuz they want to be flashing and get attention. I understand, I too started out in this stage, but I was lucky enough to meet some good friends that have been doing it for awhile, and they showed me what to do. They started to give me advice as to what I wanted to do and not do. After I met them and started learning how to really tune and build cars I came to the realization that I was just destroying my car with the stupid ricer stuff that I was doing, and was thankful that someone came along and stopped me before I got too far and completely screwed up my car. As I have progressed along and the next wave of ricer kids have come along, I too have helped kids with how to build cars and helped them come to the conclusion that I did that if they continue with painting interior, putting flashly lights and crap, that they will get to a point that they have just destroyed their car and are moving backwards, and then will have to spend months trying to revert it back cuz they no longer like that taste. I will say this, "You WILL grow out of this phase. In a few years, if not months, you will regret many of the things you do to this car."

So this is why everybody is coming down on you hard. We have seen this 100+ times before. We are trying to save you the headache of having to redo this all in the future. Many times if you go so far, then you will see it as too big of a project and will scrap it, which is a crime on this board. This car if rare enough as it is.

You have no idea the potential that this car has, and refuse to listen to anybody because you are too immature to realize it. If you continue to ruin this car, yes ruin, you WILL continued to get flamed. If you don't want it, then either: Stop what you are doing and listen to the advice of other more experience builders, OR, Stop posting pics of you abusing the car.

As to everybody else that is telling people to stop flaming him.....

This is a public board, thus everybody has the right to post their thoughts and opinions on anything and everything that is posted to the public eye.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

WOOT WOOT time to save the thread!

Rare MAZDASPEED A SPEC 323

(ok this was rude, sorry folks)

Comment

I think I jizzed in my pants...

Why does the first white one have US headlights?

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
              I think I jizzed in my pants...

Why does the first white one have US headlights?
              Notice the Quebec plates?

Probably put them on as a temporary solution to blinding EVERYONE with JDM lights (on the opposite side of the road they were designed for).

Of course, EDM would have been the pimp decision.
              I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockington View Post
                Notice the Quebec plates?

Probably put them on as a temporary solution to blinding EVERYONE with JDM lights (on the opposite side of the road they were designed for).

Of course, EDM would have been the pimp decision.
                Could be I guess. I have JDM lights and I've never had anyone flash me. We'll see what happens when I upgrade to HID though...

Comment

Actually, I'm from Montreal and moved here recently for work. It never ceases to amaze me how many rednecks in jacked up trucks with flashed ECUs spraying black smoke out their exhaust pipes when they floor it at every light. I guess they're the redneck equivilent of ricers.

The only real permanent change will be the fiberglassed gauge cluster. Other than that, everything is changeable. I'm not using the GTR door cards nor the big ones next to the back bench, they'll be stored somewhere safe for however long, and the rest of the interior is swapable.

I'll probably get over my ricer stage, but as long as I'm in it, with plenty of friends competing in show n shines, and working in the custom audio biz, I'll keep on with my project.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

The white 1 has us lights to pass inspection. The A spec bumper is pimp, wish I could have one.

Comment

Thanks Spen
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

man it suck for all youguys having inspections. in mn they dont have em anymore. and i dont think they will again.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                        Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                        price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                        Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                        The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                        *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by frogi323 View Post
                          man it suck for all youguys having inspections. in mn they dont have em anymore. and i dont think they will again.
                          Yup, no inspections in Indiana either. I haven't had a catalytic converter since I got my license. :p

Comment

same. no cat. makes it sound so much better.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                            Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                            price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                            Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                            The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                            *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by frogi323 View Post
                              same. no cat. makes it sound so much better.
                              Amen, I love the growl.

Made lots of progress today, pics to follow another day. Turbo is mounted and hooked up, rad back on, as a temp thing just so I can move the car and avoid it being impounded the original FMIC is back on, most of the lines are reconnected, all of the belts tensioned, just need to reinstall the intake manifold and tighten the downpipe to the rest of the exhaust and insert fluids before startup. Should be living again hopefully by saturday, depends if I can get decent rubber for it as a tmp solution.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

spen you're the man . bringing back gtr goodness....

Comment

Working...
                                X