No announcement yet.

AWD Turbo Protege Recce Rallycar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah.. nice. I like the celica with 4x4 truck tires.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

sub'n

Comment

wow i'm really digging the lifted celica jrally .. thats pimp.. right up my alley . sub'n

Comment

I LOVE that celica, KICK ASS!!!

Comment

Thanks. It's a work in progress, been a ton of work, and has a lot more to go. The entire front end is pretty crazy, drop subframe for hangin the 3" longer then stock tublar a-arms, strut top spacers, relocated tie rod with heim joints for steering arm ends.

-Jon R.

Comment

I like this thread....a lot.
              '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
              '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
              10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
              490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Got to ride a bit in the Celica at the Gorman rally---it's suprisingly quiet inside and has enough ground clearance too pretty much handle any rally road and then some. Almost have the cage finished in the Protege---tricky trying to fit the tubes tight, but not too tight so that a headliner can go back in...Some of the tubes will get covered up by the interior panels as well---we're adding a strut tower tube, steering column mounts, and then a harness bar for the seatbelts---that'll about do it for the cage.

sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

It's looking great.

-Jon R.

Comment

me likey

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Come up to Portland and fix my spare rally shell's cage.. It's got some wicked points that will shear.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

That is sweet.

I was planning on doing a similar thing to my gray protege, just use a straight bar, mounted in the stock location of the dash bar, instead of the curvy one with all the pointy/sharp bits.

I like this better though, for sure. Strut tower tube, as in the rear strut tower? Will that double as the mounting brace for the rear seats, or will the back deck be re-fit?

--sarge

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                          Come up to Portland and fix my spare rally shell's cage.. It's got some wicked points that will shear.
                          Wouldn't take much to get me and my wife up there...we've been needing a weekend away...

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                          That is sweet.

I was planning on doing a similar thing to my gray protege, just use a straight bar, mounted in the stock location of the dash bar, instead of the curvy one with all the pointy/sharp bits.

I like this better though, for sure. Strut tower tube, as in the rear strut tower? Will that double as the mounting brace for the rear seats, or will the back deck be re-fit?

--sarge
                          Exactly---rear strut tube will have some sort of Custom seat back built around it. Got the harness bar/strut tube bar/and the new steering column mount finished up---cage is finished---picked up the driveshaft this morning---now on Monday we'll pull the motor/trans and start putting the BP/JDM trans in.

Fixed the rear rideheight as well...
                          sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

Started yanking stuff out to swap the motor today---since we're going to upgrade to a lighter/new battery, I thought I'd offer this one for sale...it's a fine everstart battery, not much corrosion---comes with a matching/era specific "modified" battery terminal---really a collectible item-

Needs new axles as well-

Comment

The battery didn't corrode like that in AZ... LOL (it was always getting a bit fuzzy though) You might want to change out the cables, otherwise the corrosion will just wick back up from inside the cable casing.

That upper axle is the front passenger side, isn't it..? That's the axle I had to replace while trying to drive to CA for X-mas a few years back. I guess the boots must get pretty dry just sitting on a parts shelf for 18 years.

-Jon R.

Comment

Originally posted by jrally View Post
                                The battery didn't corrode like that in AZ... LOL (it was always getting a bit fuzzy though) You might want to change out the cables, otherwise the corrosion will just wick back up from inside the cable casing.

That upper axle is the front passenger side, isn't it..? That's the axle I had to replace while trying to drive to CA for X-mas a few years back. I guess the boots must get pretty dry just sitting on a parts shelf for 18 years.

-Jon R.
                                I'd say we need to change the cables (not much of them left)!! It was the passenger side---that's right, you said it was a factory part I think. Lots of dirt in weird places on that car---it's had quite a life!

Comment

Working...
                                X