No announcement yet.

Gambit's 93dx build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a huge fan of the kappa's, honestly. i like the infinity reference series better. where did ya find it?
    plans for the old shell? i may need a few things off of it.
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

Alright so After a long time of looking at turbos Ive settled on a precision 5431 billet. But I would like some input from some people that have experience with t3 turbos. What I need to know is what is the spool difference between the .48ar and .63 hotside? Im kind of leaning towards the .63 because I think it will make great power and not be so hard on the trans with power coming on down low.

Thanks for the help. And here is a link to the turbo for reference.

Comment

.63 will keep your EGTs lower than the .48, but the spool time will be a bit slower...the gain from this? more power as you wind her up.

So this is a t3/t4 with a .50 a/r on the compressor housing?
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i have a .63 5457 ball bearing.............
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Alright I'm posting here again to get som motivation and I have some questions. Are any of you guys using the spec3 6 puck clutch? It says 2 different things. On hpf's website it says that its good for 370ft lbs on the 4wd. And specs website says 300. So im wondering how much power people have put through them?

Comment

I forgot to mention. I was debating on paint forever. And ended up deciding to pick up a grey 90 protege. So ive been slowly stripping that down and swapping parts. It has been a slow process.

Comment

rock the 3+ disc. its smoother engagement for a BP- since the transmissions hate us
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Yes. That. I'm just using the act heavyduty sprunghub full disc in my car, it oughtta do.
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Completely different than what I was looking for. I need to know how much power it can handle. I dont have an extra 500 dollars laying around to buy a new clutch. I got this thing on ebay last year for cheap. And I honestly dont notice it drives any different. Other than it would occasionally chatter in reverse and the pedal is stiffer. Mostly from the cs braided clutch line.

I honestly think most of the problem is the driver. I beat on an F series for almost 2 years with a built NA bp. ZERO problems. And it seems that some people blow up G series trans with a stock bp. Jay Has driven that car for years and no problems. And he drives it like it should be driven. Atomic is making damn near 400 whp and on a g series pulling around a big fat wagon. And told me he used an unsprung puck disk for a while on another g series. There is some people here making huge power and running the g series trans. I have never had a problem with one and If I start breaking boxes than I suppose I would Entertain the idea of a toyota trans. My intended use is not to be a drag car or track slut, Im not trying to race every honda with an exhaust I see. Im simply trying to build a nice pro that I can have some fun in.

Comment

fair enough. rock away. it should handle mid 3's. so long as the pressure plate is good n strong

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                        fair enough. rock away. it should handle mid 3's. so long as the pressure plate is good n strong
                        Thats what im hoping for. That precision 5431 is good for 3 to 500. So atleast I can get some use out of that turbo before I have to upgrade the clutch. I plan to buy the spec3+ clutch and flywheel combo in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                          i have a .63 5457 ball bearing.............
                          Does this one have a billet wheel??

Comment

Originally posted by gambit686 View Post
                            Thats what im hoping for. That precision 5431 is good for 3 to 500. So atleast I can get some use out of that turbo before I have to upgrade the clutch. I plan to buy the spec3+ clutch and flywheel combo in the spring.
                            Heh, going with the same turbo that I just recently bought eh? lol

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                            HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                            Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

So this is a t3/t4 with a .50 a/r on the compressor housing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its a 50 trim with a billet wheel. Its very popular in the honda world. And is a quick spooling beast of a turbo from what I have heard.

Comment

5431E CEA is .60 a/r on the cold, 50 trim billet compressor, 76 trim stage 3 turbine (.48 or .63) a/r on the hot side.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Working...
                                X