Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jinx View Post
    Heh, going with the same turbo that I just recently bought eh? lol
    Nice. I didnt know you bought it as well. After all the looking around at different turbos thats the one I settled on. I just wish there was more than one youtube video of it. I hope it sounds as good as the 6262. That thing is just sex for the ears haha.

Comment

Pic of it next to my old 50 trim T3

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Man that thing is hot.

Comment

I just checked out your build thread jinx. You are using the .48 exhaust housing. Im anxious to see what your spool time will be. How much psi are you going for??

Comment

Nope.. long story short Precision screwed up my order and I decided to stay with the .63 housing that I got for now. I can get the .48 for like $250 overnight if I find out the .63 lags like a mofo. I did a fair bit of research on it, it's more popular with the srt4 guys and they are having a hard time getting it to spool before 4500 rpm with the .63 housing. So, we shall see what the BP thinks about it. There's no way in hell the gtx mani would work out with it, so I'm building a new ram horn mani for it this week :D and once that's done, it's back to the dyno to see what it's made of. 15 psi on this puppy would be like 18-19 psi on my old T3 and until I build the bottom up, it won't be seeing more than 21psi which is the limit for the current map sensor on my MS.

Comment

It's gonna lag a fair bit no matter what.. The real question is, just how much?? As I said to Ryan > If I wanted late spool, I'd of had a Supra ages ago

Comment

Nope.. long story short Precision screwed up my order and I decided to stay with the .63 housing that I got for now. I can get the .48 for like $250 overnight if I find out the .63 lags like a mofo. I did a fair bit of research on it, it's more popular with the srt4 guys and they are having a hard time getting it to spool before 4500 rpm with the .63 housing. So, we shall see what the BP thinks about it. There's no way in hell the gtx mani would work out with it, so I'm building a new ram horn mani for it this week :D and once that's done, it's back to the dyno to see what it's made of. 15 psi on this puppy would be like 18-19 psi on my old T3 and until I build the bottom up, it won't be seeing more than 21psi which is the limit for the current map sensor on my MS.

I saw that. I think that the .63 will be fine. But the same guys telling me about this turbo rev to 8500. You got a 4 bolt housing I assume? What size downpipe are you going with?

Comment

It's gonna lag a fair bit no matter what.. The real question is, just how much?? As I said to Ryan > If I wanted late spool, I'd of had a Supra ages ago
                  Lol Its got a big efficiency range and looks to come on like a freight train. I think that even if it spools a bit later it will be flowing a ****load of air in the meantime.

Speaking of supra. There was a 2jz swapped fd rx7 at the cs meet. I believe he was on a gt40r. Man that thing was an animal. It definately had the most bad ass dyno pulls ive ever seen. Once that turbo got spooled it sounded absolutely amazing and made about 600 wheel.
                  Last edited by gambit686; 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

5 bolt no wastegate hole in hopes to salvage 90% of my old DP from the Garrett setup. The DP is 2.5"

Comment

Originally posted by gambit686 View Post
                      Lol Its got a big efficiency range and looks to come on like a freight train. I think that even if it spools a bit later it will be flowing a ****load of air in the meantime.
                      That would be mostly thanks to that beautiful billet wheel it has and better designed housings

Comment

Looks good, Do you think 2.5 will be enough though? It would greatly benefit spool time going bigger with the downpipe. Or do you plan on doing a cut out? I think when I get it on Im gonna take it down to speedfactory and have them do the piping turbo to tail. I am Intrested to see what they have to say and how they set it up. The hondas they build are savage. There boosted hatch runs an 8. And I think they have the fastest NA setup. K24 that just broke into the 9's.

What size injectors are you using jinx?? I think im going to use 1000's on E85. But I need to do some reading on E85 because id also like to run water meth.

Comment

I have a Spec PP with some Exedy clutch disc (was part of a Centerforce setup- full-face on one side, puck on the other, sprung hub). It stands up to 1.8bar on the regular and has seen 2.5 without even a hint of slipping, and this is the fourth car that pressure plate has been in, lol (Pat's GT, my GT, Brandon's 4wd, and now the wagon).

That clutch is about as DGAF as I've ever seen.
                          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by gambit686 View Post
                            Looks good, Do you think 2.5 will be enough though? It would greatly benefit spool time going bigger with the downpipe. Or do you plan on doing a cut out? I think when I get it on Im gonna take it down to speedfactory and have them do the piping turbo to tail. I am Intrested to see what they have to say and how they set it up. The hondas they build are savage. There boosted hatch runs an 8. And I think they have the fastest NA setup. K24 that just broke into the 9's.

What size injectors are you using jinx?? I think im going to use 1000's on E85. But I need to do some reading on E85 because id also like to run water meth.
                            We don't have emissions or inspection to deal with down here, so I don't have a cat or anything, just a straight through muffler at the end. It's 2.5" mandrel all the way back. It's the least restrictive that a 2.5" run is going to get besides just running a downpipe. My personal opinion is 3" is far too large for anything under 450-500hp, unless you have to deal with lots of restrictions in the path of the exhaust to pass smog and such. I'll be sticking with my exhaust! Right now I'm running DeatschWerks 800cc injectors and they should provide enough fuel for well past 400hp :D

Comment

what spoiler you running, i must have mist it???
                              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

We don't have emissions or inspection to deal with down here, so I don't have a cat or anything, just a straight through muffler at the end. It's 2.5" mandrel all the way back. It's the least restrictive that a 2.5" run is going to get besides just running a downpipe. My personal opinion is 3" is far too large for anything under 450-500hp, unless you have to deal with lots of restrictions in the path of the exhaust to pass smog and such. I'll be sticking with my exhaust! Right now I'm running DeatschWerks 800cc injectors and they should provide enough fuel for well past 400hp :D
                                Im with you on the exhaust pipe size/horsepower level. But from what ive seen dyno chart wise on a big ass turbo like that you can get it to spool sooner the bigger the size you go on the downpipe. I remember reading an article in super street a while back on pipe size. Now remember this is a 900 whp supra. They started off with a 3 inch turbo back 12 inch res and straight through muffler. They bumped the pipe size to 3.5 and gained almost 80 whp!! :D I thought holy hell. I will stay with the 2.5 exhaust Im using now on the vf10. But when I get ready to do the 5431 I think Im gonna have to do 3 Inch back. Just for the sole purpose of getting it to spool earlier. Even if that means just a few hundred rpm. I believe it will be worth it. Especially on a .63 housing Im gonna Do everything I can to get that thing spooled.

Im not saying that the 2.5 is bad or anything at all. Im just saying that I think on a turbo that big and having a .63 housing, Spool time will suffer a small bit. I need to read through your build thread again to see what motor internals you have. You need to hurry up and start a part 2 of your build. I cant wait to see the progress on this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X