Gambit's 93dx build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    do me a favor asap. cut that rice cannon off & put a respectable muffler on- low key & tucked slightly.

thanks much
    ^lol.
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

Its a matter of opinion. I would rather have a clean looking glasspack like that on there than some piece of **** side exit or a muffler that creates a lot of back pressure.

Last time I checked a straight through glasspack with no resistance is what that most high horsepower imports use. So you explain to me why most companies that sell exhaust use mufflers like that. So people like skunk2 Apexi 5zigen greddy. Yeah they have no idea what they are doing right??

Comment

IMHO its tacky. looks far out of place. and in most areas is a huge red flag to cops.

thats all
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

side exits are ****ing boss, yo
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by gambit686 View Post
            Its a matter of opinion. I would rather have a clean looking glasspack like that on there than some piece of **** side exit or a muffler that creates a lot of back pressure.

Last time I checked a straight through glasspack with no resistance is what that most high horsepower imports use. So you explain to me why most companies that sell exhaust use mufflers like that. So people like skunk2 Apexi 5zigen greddy. Yeah they have no idea what they are doing right??
            I'm with you, but it is too far out. I like the Apexi N1 style and will have one for my car when I get it back running. I have a magnaflow res and it sounds great with my ractive can.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

I suppose i should say that when I did the exhaust it was set up on a usdm bumper. Nice and tucked in. Then I put the jdm bumper on and now it sticks out about 3 inches farther than it use to.

I like the look of a glasspack muffler. Its doesnt look at home on a lot of cars but there is some that look great with it. You sure as hell dont see an evo, wrx, rsx, s2k, s13, s14, s15 without a glasspack like that. It looks sick on an evo and wrx. And alot of import factory bumpers have a perfect cutout for that kind of exhaust.

**** corksport uses that kind of mufler on there exhaust.
              Last edited by gambit686; 08-28-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Here is my Corksport muffler.
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Thats the bg series exhaust?? Or did you use the piping and weld a different muffler on cause of the canadian rules.

Comment

It's the full Corksport BG exhaust, downpipe to muffler. I believe it's all 2.4" I.D. piping. It says Corksport on the muffler.
                    sigpic
                    1992 Familia GT-X
                    1988 323 GTX
                    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                      side exits are ****ing boss, yo
                      and they're easy to make. hence why i have one. and the only real qualm i have with it is that that **** always scrapes the f*cking speedbumps. but apart from that, i love it.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah.... Uh, side exits are just gay man.
                        Last edited by gambit686; 09-15-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Alright. I recently picked up a grey 90 protege. So that will be my new shell. All Of my parts will be transfered to it hopefully Here in the next month. I Will be moving aagain so I will Have a garage and I can spend alot more time on the car and get it done the right way. Lots of pics and build progress to come hopefully very soon.

Comment

new shell? old one no good? either way good luck dude
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

is the new one an lx or a dx? and do ya need a hand moving?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                                new shell? old one no good? either way good luck dude
                                i decided to get a new shell that was painted the color i want. i figure i can save alot of money this way. the car is a 1990 grey se model. its in decent condition and came with a few suprises. it has brand new infiniti kappa's and gr2 struts.

Comment

Working...
                                X