Gambit's 93dx build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
    what spoiler you running, i must have mist it???
    The spoiler thats on the old car is an erebuni spoiler. Im still back and forth on the idea of a duckbill. So it might be for sale in the spring.

Comment

chris i talked to that dude, and he said the duckbill replicas are infact fiberglass, but hes gonna look in to getting more oem ones. he also has some other goodies he can score us..

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
        chris i talked to that dude, and he said the duckbill replicas are infact fiberglass, but hes gonna look in to getting more oem ones. he also has some other goodies he can score us..
        Damn, That sucks about the fibergalss. Hopefully he can land us some oem ones man that would be sick.

Comment

Pick whatever size exhaust you think is necessary. Remember that going too big on a turbo car is almost impossible. People will argue that going too big on the exhaust will kill your torque, but I dont buy into that at all. The turbo itself is a WAY bigger restriction than any exhaust pipe will be. Going through the hotside, the exhaust goes straight down, makes an abrupt 90 degree turn, then out the turbine housing. And while it is doing this, is it trying to pass through/around the turbine impeller blades. That is all the restriction you need. If that turbo is capable of 500hp, I would for sure go with 3".
          Tyler has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
            were,what, who?? i was thinking about make a sheetmetal or fiberglass duckbill style spoiler myself..
            Last edited by ryan1; 11-29-2011, 12:01 AM.
            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

What redrocket said. Turbos need as little downwind restriction as possible. The only reason to go narrow tubes and tuned headers and any and all such is to use exhaust pulses to help scavenge exhaust gas. Since the turbo eliminates all pulses, such things are pointless. The more pressure differential you can get the better. Thus, all serious turbo drag cars have pretty much no exhaust aft of the turbo at all. If you can swing it, go 3". That is the next upgrade I plan for the street car. The rallycar spools up faster, with a bigger turbo, even with the intake restrictor, simply cuz the downpipe and exhaust on it offers so much lmore flow. On a GT28R, 5psi boost@2000rpm, 10psi@2500, 15psi@3k, all in 24+psi by 3500 and I don't even have boost control fully dialed in yet. New ECU may improve these figures some. Street car ain't got nuthin below 2500. Street car needs 3"... it sounds like your car's gonna need it even more.
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I would like to see a really good comparison of exhaust sizes on a turbo car sometime from someone on here. Start with a 2.5" turbo back exhaust, dyno it and get results. Move to a 3", change nothing else, then re-dyno. Move to a 3.5", change nothing else, re-dyno again. I think it would be interesting to see at what size it becomes pointless to go any bigger. I remember a guy in my area that was trying to get 600whp out of his Nissan setup. They played with tuning for weeks on the car and never quite got to it. They were stuck around 590whp. Then they switched out the 3" exhaust system for a 3.5" exhaust system and the car made 620whp...

For sizing exhaust on a turbo car, the general rule of thumb I like is to make the exhaust half an inch bigger than the turbine discharge hole. So on a vj-20 it would be 2.5" exhaust, on a VJ-23, it would be a 3" exhaust etc....
                Tyler has spoken

Comment

I got my new parts today.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0272.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	1229978

Comment

Hopefully I can get to work on the car soon.

Comment

Sweet! Get the motor running better?
                      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
                        Sweet! Get the motor running better?
                        Not yet. Im hoping to get the grey protege mostly put together by late spring. I just have so much going on that I have no time for the grey pro. Im moving here in the next few weeks so I can finally get it into the garage. IM getting Bo's green protege for a daily. I think I will just put a new clutch in and headgasket on and run the vf10. Should be a nnice daily.

I really need to put my straight axle on the toyota too. I was waiting till the brakes crapped out on the ifs and they are pretty much toast. Only problem is that i have to put the stock body bolts back in, get the new rear spring perches welded in and put on my trans brake and front high pinion diff. You should move over here eric haha. I dont have anyone to help so everything takes forever.

Comment

nice parts man!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                          X