Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/30 is your best bet. lucas no. not in the engine. works nice in diffs. only additive i would use is tx7 (hard to find) otherwise get yourself some valvoline maxlife 1030. synthetic maxlife if you dont have oil leaks but with your bad burning id stick with conventional.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Adjusted my coilovers, but it still isn't low enough... something will have to be done! When I get things sorted out, I'll post some lowered pics. and BTW, I just hit 182,000, and my car burns about a quart of oil a month.

Comment

how many miles i got 146000 and dont burn a drop that i can tell but i change my oil every 1500 so who knows.
        mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
          Adjusted my coilovers, but it still isn't low enough... something will have to be done! When I get things sorted out, I'll post some lowered pics. and BTW, I just hit 182,000, and my car burns about a quart of oil a month.
          how low can you go with out farking up the cars camber curve?
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by BP18Protege
            checked my oil to day to find out its full!! 163k and everytime i check the oil it's full.
            gotta get around to putting the new filler neck/emis. tubes in by the fuel tank.
            jdmpwrdford, do you leak oil or burn it?

I myself have used the lucas oil treatment, it is well worth it... I guess i would use the thicker oils in it, not 5w30. Then add the lucas so your oil level is full.
            Watch out with that lucas stuff. After running it in the pro for a week, the damn filter or something got clogged. I only found that out because my lifters were were getting noiser and when I pulled the filter, it was bone dry (not a damn drop poured out) and the oil level was a little above the full mark. And that was mixed with 5w30.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
              how low can you go with out farking up the cars camber curve?
              My car is lowered more than 4 inches, and my camber is still in spec.

I just turned 183K. I burn about 1 quart every month.

I change my oil every 2K, and it's that time again.

Comment

I dont know about oil consumption but I lose about a gallon of anti-freeze every mile.
                c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Havent been on the site in a couple days, but my recent work, within the past week or so:

-Had the toe adjusted
                  -Both ball joints
                  -Left outer tie rod
                  -Drained the straight water I had in my cooling system today and replaced with 50/50 (car sat for a long time before I bought it, pure water cleans pretty well)
                  -Took for aftermarket 14" wheels off a car sitting in the back of ym lot at the shop. One of my hubcaps flew off one day and hit a car behind me lol. I figured I'd take the aftermarket wheels as anythings better than rocking steelies!

-Tyler
                  '88 MX-6 GT - The Never-Ending Project
                  '91 4WD Protege
                  '88 Bronco - 351W

Want to Buy a 4WD Protege?

Comment

My car is lowered more than 4 inches, and my camber is still in spec.
                    Thats why your car will handle like **** in the corners JHO my car pwn's you
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i know i didn't do it today, but i worked on taking the pin stripping off today. i have blisters on my hands, and am only 1/4 way done. here are the pics from when i washed it.

all the pics can be seen here.

Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                        Thats why your car will handle like **** in the corners JHO my car pwn's you

Bring it on Cloud Dancing! My car handles like it's on rails.

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper
                        i know i didn't do it today, but i worked on taking the pin stripping off today. i have blisters on my hands, and am only 1/4 way done. here are the pics from when i washed it.

all the pics can be seen here.

Teh hottness!

Comment

JDM hottness
                          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                            JDM hottness

With a little EDM lovin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                              My car handles like it's on rails.
                              i'll take you on anytime!!!!!!
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                                i'll take you on anytime!!!!!!
                                all this dirty talk
                                :suckie:
                                2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Working...
                                X