This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jho

Damn! That looks really good. I'll have to try that next time I wash mine.

The secret is to wash the car, dry it well and then go over it with slightly dam rag with atf ( automatic transmission fluid) on it. Let it sit with a slighly heavy coat of oil for about 5 min. Then wipe it down with a clean cloth that wont leave fuzzy **** behind, and wipe it down throughly and you get your finished product. There are 2 downfalls to this, 1 dont lean up against you car with a white T-shirt, and 2 dirt sticks to it so its kinda high matenince. Other than that It looks really good at night.
    Have fun with it and show me some picts after you try it
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

I will try and get pics tomorrow and no it wasn't crickets.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420
        The secret is to wash the car, dry it well and then go over it with slightly dam rag with atf ( automatic transmission fluid) on it. Let it sit with a slighly heavy coat of oil for about 5 min. Then wipe it down with a clean cloth that wont leave fuzzy **** behind, and wipe it down throughly and you get your finished product. There are 2 downfalls to this, 1 dont lean up against you car with a white T-shirt, and 2 dirt sticks to it so its kinda high matenince. Other than that It looks really good at night.
        You forgot #3 : If you decide to paint the car you have to strip the primer and ATF off , Degrease , and reprime

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

well yesterday i got new tires 195/55R15 Nexen N2000 tires. they're freaking great! even better with an alignment and 2 new balljoints...arg...

and today i grabbed my 2.25 i took off from that mx-3 i stripped months ago, cut my old system off, and clamped it in...turns out JITB was right...the mx-3 exhaust is about a foot to short at the end! so my muffler looks kinda weird. but im putting a resonator and a pipe extention on it tomorrow!

JACK
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Ball joints on the Proteges are the ****! Love bolt ons!

-Tyler
            '88 MX-6 GT - The Never-Ending Project
            '91 4WD Protege
            '88 Bronco - 351W

Want to Buy a 4WD Protege?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered
              well yesterday i got new tires 195/55R15 Nexen N2000 tires. they're freaking great! even better with an alignment and 2 new balljoints...arg...

and today i grabbed my 2.25 i took off from that mx-3 i stripped months ago, cut my old system off, and clamped it in...turns out JITB was right...the mx-3 exhaust is about a foot to short at the end! so my muffler looks kinda weird. but im putting a resonator and a pipe extention on it tomorrow!

JACK
              LOL did you think he lied to you? yeah his swap did look funny with that exhaust.
              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

What happens when it rains?

Purewhite, was it mice?

Comment

Today I had it on the lift and checked everything over very well. Everything looks great.

I changed the oil and tightened up the e-brake. I also thought about checking the tranny fluid, but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    What happens when it rains?

Purewhite, was it mice?

Nope wasn't mice.

Comment

Sorry to see it go, I'm getting rid of one of my cars. But I washed my other car and I put a special glaze on the paint to shine her up (automatic transmission fluid). she cleans up nice! This is what she loked like at 6 am this morning

Nice car.
                      '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                      '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

why do they have that hood lifted like that again?
                        '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                        '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay

why do they have that hood lifted like that again?
                          It's JDM. Well...it's to cool the engine bay. Isn't that Proto420's car?

My brother had his hood like that to clear the boost controller, then he decided to just slam his hood on it a few times til it fit.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                            It's JDM. Well...it's to cool the engine bay. Isn't that Proto420's car?

My brother had his hood like that to clear the boost controller, then he decided to just slam his hood on it a few times til it fit.
                            CoughREDNECKcough

I mean... he's from Missouri. Oh well, at least it fits. Today I stared at my protege and it's mean stance for far too long.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                              CoughREDNECKcough

I mean... he's from Missouri. Oh well, at least it fits. Today I stared at my protege and it's mean stance for far too long.
                              His hood was messed up anyway, he's got a spare too. There was no way the Tial would fit under the hood any other way. We're the opposite of rednecks too.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Used 3 cans of bug bomb and got the nasty little critters. Now I just got to gut the interior to make sure I got the whole family.

Comment

Working...
                                X