No announcement yet.

ZX2 struts... to soft??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so any other good alternatives to the ZX2 struts at a reasonable price??

Comment

What would you recommend then for autocrossing jesse? I was just abuot to buy the zx2 sprigns until you said that.
      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
        i bought mine for 172 too! bling bling!

My bearings were like 32 shipped too, me and darryl rule
        ya and our order numbers followed in sequence, but even though your order number was one before mine, i got the struts before you did

Comment

good adjustable coilovers.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
            What would you recommend then for autocrossing jesse? I was just abuot to buy the zx2 sprigns until you said that.
            For dual duty (street/track) the ZX2 struts and MX3 H&R springs make a great combo, while still too soft for "serious" competition, they work very well for both street and track. Thats what i was using for awhile, i have now upgraded to the "serious" stuff and it's NOT for the street, unless you like being in paint shaker.

If you wanna take it to stage 2, then the ZX2 struts with a Ground Control coilover sleeve kit would be it. 250# front springs and 200# rear springs. You seem to be eager to get semi serious about autox, don't get the coilovers if your just gonna slam the car, of course thats fine for street driving or whatever, but at the track raise em up to near stock height or untill the A-arms (LCAs) are as flat as possible.

Comment

Based on that, then the zx2 struts and h&r springs will suit me perfectly. Im not a good enough driver to be into the "serious" stuff quite yet. I don't really plan on slamming my car down really low, so I think Ill just get the H&R's for now until im ready for some real coilovers!! More seat time...... You wouldnt want to sell your old setup would you?? Even tho I bet youve been asked that 1000 times I thought Id give it a try. Thanks
              Last edited by 91ProtegeLX; 03-23-2004, 07:24 PM.
              Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                Based on that, then the zx2 struts and h&r springs will suit me perfectly. Im not a good enough driver to be into the "serious" stuff quite yet. More seat time...... You wouldnt want to sell your old setup would you?? Even tho I bet youve been asked that 1000 times I thought Id give it a try. Thanks
                1001 ...nope sorry. As of now i am looking for a new car and a new house and if funds run low i may have to get a used car....and it may just be a 323 to facilitate my life, as i have near enough parts to build one

Comment

lol. 323's are sweet, i wanna get a junker and turn it into a rally car, or pure track car. What kind of racing do you do? I assume your into Autox from reading your sig. You do any Solo I trials or anything?? After I get my 4 Solo II events that is required to compete in Solo I Trials, I plan on running in that. We got a kick ass track (second creek) down here.
                  Eat ****.

Comment

Mainly just Solo2 for now. I have been on a road course a few times, but for the most part, just Solo2. Once i get a rollbar i may get to more track days.

Comment

coolness. i may grab a set of the ZX2's and the MX-3 H&R's if i decide to embark on project bpt-bg this summer.

Comment

from where did ull get the Mx-3 H&r's springs???

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

and am i looking for a 94 MX-3 H&R springs?? or just the protege Sport springs....
                            btw guys, out of the H&R and the Eibach from oemford, which one is better for the daily driving.... no autocross or anything??

thanks

Comment

tire rack should have the springs... if they don't it something new wtihin the last 4 years.
                              in my personal experience i would have to reccomend H&R springs... i don't have any experiece with eibachs but i do konw that H&R makes a smooth street quality ride as well as being good for autocross. very nice and comfortable
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well, the Eibachs are softer than the H&R's which would make them more comfy for a daily driven car. If you choose comfort over performance, then the Eibachs will most likely be better...
                                -------------------------
                                '91 LX
                                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                                -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
                                X