• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D323
    you canadians and your liquor.
    And weed too.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

sweet vids of a poor 1.5 screamin. lol should be interestin...oh wait its the canadian screamin not the poor engine.
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

I'd dyno my car, but the motor is probably too worn and ****ty.

+ i still have a super-dirty air filter (too chepa to buy a new 15 dollar one) and need to re-order an intake since the first one i ordered fux0ed me when they shipped me the wrong one
        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Pigeon, do you have any dyno shops in mind?

I'd be interested in tagging along and if funds permit, I would throw my car up. Maybe we can see if the drivetrain change in late 98 makes any improvements? I'm stock for now and this would give me a baseline before finishing my intake and getting an exhaust done.

To all those whom I haven't told (everyone save Pigeon), I've discovered that I have a double sprocket DOHC Z5. I have pics if anyone wants to see this for themselves. Let me know and I'll email them to you all.

edit: Oops, nevermind. Just noticed Chris mentioned my findings in the turbo Z5 thread.
          Last edited by Shaun32390; 09-11-2005, 12:27 AM.
          1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

yeah ends up good for you.
            proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

This would be a decent comparison since both would be dynoed on the same day by the same shop (ideally). Anyone know what to expect cost wise for 3 pulls to average out a baseline?

While I'm there, I would like to do a pull in each gear to determine optimal shift points on this engine. I think I read something about this in a Technobable article in SCC a couple years back. But that will probably cost me 5 individual runs and that might get expensive. Just a thought...
              1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

yeah but for that kind of info posted on the site, maybe the z5's not tryin the swap up to bp would be willing to pitch in,

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                  Jesus H, everyone wants to see the ****in z5 dynos these days.
                  Chris I got a digital video Camera if you need it.
                  THough I don't have anywhere to host videos or convert WMV files to mpegs or whatever. ****, I'll just go with a bottle of rum, and scream in the background while getting loaded.
                  haha its a deal man
                  you scream in the background while hammered, and i'll run on the dyno

oh, and i could host videos too

actually, i have a vid of my dads transam on the exact same dyno.. i'll find the link another time so you guys could see.. im not on my computer right now

Comment

lol.I met up with loganSS today. his car sounds SWEET w/the exhaust & intake. I got vids i gotta post up of him flyin by me on the highway.

Anyways, he gave me a spare air filter he had and holy crizzap it felt like I gained like 10 ft lbs of torque! It actually likes to accelerate off the line now! My old filter was really encrusted with a death-cloud of bugs, crud and other stuff and it was a paper filter. This one is a clean K&N drop-in and I am beginning to think that maybe it just needed a new filter instead of a new engine lol.

Comment

Sweet. Post the vids now.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                        Sweet. Post the vids now.
                        i did, in the thread below this one

Comment

my condolense my too have a z5 de but mine is standard shift

sebastien

Comment

Working...
                          X