Dyno'd my 1.5L AT Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zagros
    Before it died though, it had barly enough comp to turn over the engine. Once it got started, I have to say i was shocked that i was still getting 30mpg average, and being able to top out at 117mph.
    Hmmm That's interesting. I would think with low comp in 4th clyinder you'd notice a considerable degradation in performance. Guess I should take it to the shop and have them run some test or try and do it myself.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

lol

we're not trying to be jerks.. haha
      it actually did take a lot of balls to take the 1.5L to get dynoed
      and you are the only one who's ever done it

at least admitted it

and dont feel bad, over half of this board, myself included... has that exact same motor

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
        Hmmm That's interesting. I would think with low comp in 4th clyinder you'd notice a considerable degradation in performance. Guess I should take it to the shop and have them run some test or try and do it myself.
        I myself have low compression in #4 I think, 50 pounds. 185 in the rest (revised) and my car still goes pretty damn good surprisingly enough, but sometimes is a bitch to start...but tommorow the tear-down begins!
        Whoo Hoo, I'm so anxious
        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Yea, when I had it tested, several times by myself and by the shop I take it too. I was running about 50-100psi low in all 4cl. I think normal for our engine the 1.5lz5, is iirc 195 @ 300rpm, and yea i would think too myself that low compression = bad milage and preformance but dunno these lil engines just keep going untill they are killed.

yea once it gets to hard to start, it wont.. I had to over crank my starter for the last week before the car decided to completly not start at all..
          Last edited by Zagros; 09-27-2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
            I appreciate you guys keeping it real and all but damn. Oh well people have their opinions and they're free to voice them. That's what makes this forum exist. I'm not going to go flame crazy. I know what I need to work on and I'm going to set out to do it.
            Ben and Greg had slow cars too, and they never dynoed them to show us how slow they were, so they shouldn't be making a big fuss out of this.

P.S. I can't wait to dyno my car.

Comment

i have a slow car, and i dyno'ed it

Comment

hahaha, ya man

its like, if you cant see it.. it doesent exist

we all know our cars a painfully slow, but you kno... we all beat the odd civic or integra every now and then, so it never really confirms that our cars are that bad... hahaha
                i personally dont care that its slow, i still race the snot out of it

a slow car impoves your driving skill
                hahahaha... or at least i tell my self that

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  Ben and Greg had slow cars too, and they never dynoed them to show us how slow they were, so they shouldn't be making a big fuss out of this.

P.S. I can't wait to dyno my car.
                  I didn't dyno mine because I knew it was a waste of money. The MP3 however will be dyno'd on Saturday. Hopefully I don't waste $50.

Comment

I drove another 1.5L auto car, I didn't think it was that bad. It was pretty fun to me, the engine is peppy for it's size, and the auto was pretty responsive compared to the old tech ones I'm used to. Then again, I was driving without A/C.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeah their was no point to waist money to dyno a stock 1.6 litre, thats why i never did. not that i was ashamed, its just i could find better things to do with 80 bux then watch people laugh at my car.
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

So Ben, when are you going to dyno the 1.6?

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
                          I didn't dyno mine because I knew it was a waste of money. The MP3 however will be dyno'd on Saturday. Hopefully I don't waste $50.
                          Eh, it's $50, and it provides a good base line for comparison.

Comment

i hade it dynoed at 5 psi because my injectors are garbage, and pulled like 140whp, when i get the 3000gt injectors in ill bump it to like 11 psi and see what happins.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

damn.....thats not to bad at all!
                              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.