No announcement yet.

Dyno'd my 1.5L AT Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the engine broken in and find a dyno that's gonna let you do 1 or 2 runs. That should be enough to establish a baseline, no? I will paypal you half of what it costs. How's that sound?

Comment

Wow, you really wanna see a baseline of the Z5 eh.. lol
      If you guys really want me to do this, I will.
      and yes, 1 or 2 runs is definitely enough to establish a baseline.
      Now I have a bit of information to post in its own thread, and i've been intending to do it today but i must finish packing and move my carcass back to st catharines first.

This thread will say what I did repair/replace/inspect/measure when I was inside the head, and what I did not. It will say what clearances were within spec, and what were not... because as you guys know, this year I was supposed to originally do a BP swap, but didnt wanna put myself in debt for an engine... and I needed a car, so I was forced to repair the Z5 for a second time.

Because I had money and time constraints, I did as much as I could within the amount of time and budget I had...
      Im usually very anal about things like this, and would never put something back together that wasnt 100% within specifications.... but in this case I had to, especially because this engine only needs to last less than 12 months.

Martin, you might find this info more interesting than others, because some of the parts are from your Z5, and you still have to put together the BP top end.

If I were to do this dyno run, the day before I did it I would make sure to do a compression test first, oil change, and make sure the K&N is reasonably clean.

And i'd get it on video too

Comment

Sounds good, man.

Comment

pigeon I'd also be interested in your dyno. If you need some help w/ the dyno, I can paypal some money too.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

WOW, Thats got to hurt. I aint got too many more ponies then you (105-108 Stock, & 110 -115 with My curent set up) I geuss getting tripple digits makes up for the lack of big diference. I hope to get 130 - 145whp out of My Protege N/A by next year (I got a couple of Mods going in over the winter that should get me there (Cams, cam gears, Headers, pulley kit + Underdrive pulley, lightened flywheel, Grounding kit & hopefully a intake porting job) I should be arround there.

Good luck on the swap

My Cardomain Page
            Injen CAI / Tsudo 4-1 Headers / Axle Back Exhaust / Nology Hotwires
            Denso Iridium Plugs / ADR Sokudo 17's
            on Pirelli P-ZERO Rossa 225/45/17

Comment

alright guys i appreciate it, we'll work something out for sure then and i'll definitely get it done... and try to post as much info and feedback as possible to make it worth it for u guys
              (graphs/vids/compression test results/anything else you request)

Comment

Hahaha... We've got Pay-Per-View Dyno TV! Awesome! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  Hahaha... We've got Pay-Per-View Dyno TV! Awesome! lol
                  hopefully he will have some girls in bikinis in the background to distract from the sadening #'s.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

what kinda girls gonna wanna model for my 92 hp car?
                    hahahaha

edit: 94hp car... i do have an intake and cat-back

Comment

I'm thinking you might get a hp value in the 80's.
                      Getting the manufactur stated hp of 92 would be really good.
                      ED
                      '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                      Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                      WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

isnt manu hp bhp, and dynos read whp?

oh and chris, just gotta find some dumb enough to think its fast.

Comment

ya, that 92 hp is what its rated at the flywheel
                          if my car pulled 78 at the wheels, i'd consider it to be very good
                          if its between 70-78 ... well thats ok i guess
                          if its any below 70 i'd be dissapointed... that would be 22 hp due to drivetrain loss
                          thats 24% drivetrain loss... which is bad
                          and then that doesent even take into account whatever was gained from the intake/exhaust

oh, and if i want somone to model... i guess i could always say taht the louder the car.. the faster it is
                          cause mines loud as ****... the dyno video will allow you guys to see that for yourself tho.. lol

Comment

Jesus H, everyone wants to see the ****in z5 dynos these days.
                            Chris I got a digital video Camera if you need it.
                            THough I don't have anywhere to host videos or convert WMV files to mpegs or whatever. ****, I'll just go with a bottle of rum, and scream in the background while getting loaded.
                            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                              Jesus H, everyone wants to see the ****in z5 dynos these days.
                              Chris I got a digital video Camera if you need it.
                              THough I don't have anywhere to host videos or convert WMV files to mpegs or whatever. ****, I'll just go with a bottle of rum, and scream in the background while getting loaded.
                              you canadians and your liquor.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                                ****, I'll just go with a bottle of rum, and scream in the background while getting loaded.
                                LMAO

I can host the vids.

Comment

Working...
                                X