No announcement yet.

Making a turbo Z5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am back. Sorry I havn't posted here lately but I took a short vacation. When I last left off with my car I found out the seals in the turbo I had were shot so I ordered a new center section for my t3 and it should be in on friday. I am also picking up larger injectors tommorow and an fmu. Then I will run this piss out of it on video for all to see. I believe Pigeon was willing to host it for me so if you are still willing I should have it available sometime early next week. Until then.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

I can host it too. I pay for hosting every month... might as well make use of it.

Comment

sweet can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.
        proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

i for one is very anxious to see how this thing develops.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

here are a few pics of the turbo when I took it off.

Comment

cool, you ready to come out here and do my bp when you're done with yours?
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Sounds like a little to much driving to get their

Comment

it was worth a try.

Comment

with your turbo you'll get there in half the time.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                    Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

whats going on with this.. any progress?

Comment

Sorry I havn't finished yet. I got ripped off on the rebuild kit so I had to go get another turbo. Lately unfortunately I have been working 6 days a wee and I don't get home till 7:30 so it is taking a while to make the new turbo work. The new turbo is not really new but a used mitsubishi teo4 which is a major step down from the t3 I had on before but I think it should still be good for higher rpm horsepower. I just don't like the restriction of the exhaust inlet.

I have tomorrow off but I will be working another job so I hope that by just doing a little work on it after work every evening I should be able to do it by some time early next week.

I still need to find some different injectors though before I can run more than 6 pounds of boost. The stock z5 injectors only run 13lbs so I am hoping to get some that are around 22-25lbs.

Comment

Well the bad luck continues. I got the day off yesterday so I decided to put the other turbo I got at the junkyard on and spent most of the day doing so just to see another smoke cloud behind the car. So now I figure it is time to just buy a rebuilt one online.

The turbo did spool up a lot quicker than the t3 did but I still don't like the size of the exhaust inlet port so I will probably get a t25 or a t3. This one doesn't smoke as bad as the other one but I don't want to drive a car that smells like burnt oil. I do have a friend that has a stock mitsubishi eclipse turbo he just upgraded and he is willing to sell it to me cheap, and guarantees it is good. I just don't know if I want to go through the trouble one more time to find out it really wasn't good.

Comment

well that sucks, but at least your sticking it out.

Comment

Project Protege, much respect :D:D glad someones had the nuts to do this :D is your Z5 the normal one with the timing chain driving the exhaust cam???????

BA Moderator - Club323F Greetings from the UK

Comment

Originally posted by andym323
                                is your Z5 the normal one with the timing chain driving the exhaust cam???????
                                As opposed to...?

That's all we have here in the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X