No announcement yet.

body kits anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am still waiting to hear back on rebar.. but i think it will be kept for front and back.. well sofar i have a couple votes for an evo style kit... any other votes for that one or another?
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

If an EVO style bodykit is produced, i definitely want one. I just want to see a picture of what it will look like first, that's all, but it will have to look better than the few options we have now.
      current mods:

bodykit with custom green paint
      55" Matrix GR Motorsports two element wing
      clear corner lens
      17" Enkei RS6 wheels with 205/40R17 rubber
      Ground Control coilover kit
      KYB GR-2 struts
      LED undercar kit
      Tenzo Racing seats
      Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP head unit
      2 Cadence 12" subs
      Cadence 1000 watt amp
      Lightning Audio 1.0 farad capacitor
      Pioneer Premier front and rear speakers

future mods:

engine swap
      custom interior
      upgraded sound system

Comment

check out the webiste posted and look at some of the evo kits under the d class for the different cars in there.. let me know if one really stands out...
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

I like this style here (especially if it could incorporate the grill like the Sivic one)

Also, it may also make more sense to, instead of having a bumper made, to have a lip made. A lip is more affordable to most, cheaper to ship, cheaper to paint, etc. Plus, there is NO lip available for the stock USDM bumper.
          A lip like this would be ideal:
          Attached Files

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

a lip for our stock bumper? doesn't seem like you could do much with our stock bumpers.. pluse if you do a lip for the jspec then everyone who wants it has to first buy the jspec bumper...
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

One could be done for the stock bumper...just take a look at the MX3 GS (V6) lip...thats very simple yet dramatically changes the look of the front bumper...
              Ive already test fitted a 99-00 Civic lip on the USDM bumper and it is VERY close in fit (in fact, it fits EXTREMELY well on the JDM bumper)
              Its just a thought. A lip or a bumper wqould be cool, but, realistically, youll have trouble getting people to ACTUALLY commit to something that ISNT cheap (ie, more than $150USD)...
              Thats why the grill GB is working so well...its a nice change at a reasonable price.
              The shop would sell MORE lips than bumpers, I can almost guarantee it.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
              Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i'll talk to him about a lip.. but i don't think they do that... we'll see
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

I would be more apt to just get a cool lip and do russian's fog lights thingy.... excpet with a twist!

Comment

The evo idea is interesting, I would like to see the result thought... If they can make a kit that look like this one for the 99-00 protege, i will be fine for me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

if you want a lip best thing to do is have one from another car custom attatched to our lip.... what does russian have? i haven't seen any pics of a lip for his car....

and that evo front end looks like one of the ones they will make for our car.
                      In the Garage
                      Black 93 MX-3 GS
                      Bp powered
                      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

yeah guys. what happens when I want a rear kit for my gen1? I havent seen ANY kits for the rear

Comment

gen2 front bumper...

if the 95-98 protege's ever needed a bumper it would the skyline r-33 style bumper. this think looks clean and it would really go well with the protege's lines.
                          Almost there

jdm tails... check
                          jdm bumper... check
                          ms lip... check
                          ms grill... check
                          ms sideskirts... check
                          ms rear skirts... check
                          ms spoiler... check
                          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Not a fan of the EVO kit. If there could be one without the lights I'd be more likely to consider it but I think those big lights look horrible.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

that skyline one looks a lot like andy's new kit.. which i love.... as far as the lights go... just do some modifications to that portion.. but if you don't like the evo kit look on that website and check out the ones i mentioned and post what you do lilke
                              In the Garage
                              Black 93 MX-3 GS
                              Bp powered
                              GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Re: gen2 front bumper...

Originally posted by 95pro
                                if the 95-98 protege's ever needed a bumper it would the skyline r-33 style bumper. this think looks clean and it would really go well with the protege's lines.
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2450387501
                                I like it more then other ones so far. Those foglights are ugly at EVO kit.
                                98 protege LX for appearance
                                89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Working...
                                X