Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't back him up on that comment on performance from just changing the breather. Did he have a new intake or did he just block off the breather tube and stick a filter on the valvecover? That doesn't make sense to me.

I thought New York had strict laws, but breather filters are just fine here I guess. My brother's Integra has an AEM CAI and has a breather filter instead of a tube and got it inspected/tested just fine.

Comment

I think the general consensus is that the difference was negligible.

You could run a catch can that vents back into the intake for the best of both worlds I guess.

Comment

Went out to a wrestling show last night and calculated my highway mpg. Got 31.2, I'm not sure what stock mpg is though, so don't really know if it's better or worse.

Comment

About how much do JDM tail lights cost? I have an idea for a custom rear end design and the JDM tails would be perfect. Price range is all I'm asking at the moment, not where to get them. So whoever has them, about how much did they cost you?

Comment

hmmm..
            i paid i think
            175$ US shipped to my door..
            that was about 2 years ago though.

my headlights and corners.. i think i paid 250 or so for the combo
            i don't even know if i got robbed.
            but money wasn't the issue at the time.. i was satisfied with both purchases.
            | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Comment

the only problem is actually finding them

Comment

I knooooowwww, lol. But I have time. I don't really need them til the end of summer, maybe next year depending on the budget. But getting them like, yesterday would be nice lol.

Comment

I paid roughly the same for my JDM lighting, as I recall. Seems fair.

Comment

Got condensation in my head light again, god dammit.

Comment

sent it off to the body shop to get the back bumper and front bumper painted and the rear left 1/4 panel fixed and painted. RENTAL CAR - Dodge caliber , i think the protege is faster. 0-60 11 secs haha
                        NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

anything is faster than a protege =(

Comment

^Unfortunately^

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                              anything is faster than a protege =(

not the dodge. i did 0-60 and the new cvt trannys suck ass. 0-60 in the caliber is like 11-13 and wen i floor it from a dead stop there is NO tire spin , JUST like in the auto protege. haha
                              NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Front passenger brake was squeeking since my dad and I replaced the pads a few weeks ago. Finally got fed up with it and took the wheel off to check it out. Turns out the spring was broken. Must have been rubbing on the edge of the disc until it finally cut through. Went to Advance and told them the part number I needed, they said it was the wrong part and gave me something else. I don't even know what the parts they gave me are for. Going back tomorrow with spring in hand to show them what I need. Friggin idoits.

Comment

Working...
                                X