This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k00lball3r View Post
    not the dodge. i did 0-60 and the new cvt trannys suck ass. 0-60 in the caliber is like 11-13 and wen i floor it from a dead stop there is NO tire spin , JUST like in the auto protege. haha
    sooo most likely it's a base model cause it's a rental car..

so your telling me a ~150hp ~3000lb car and your not spinning any tires?

doesn't sound too believeable.
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

I don't think he's driving it the right way, haha.

Comment

Alright apparently Pepboys has what I need to fix my brakes for almost $20 cheaper than Advance. Sure it's 30 minutes away, but with my ever-tightening budget I'd say it's worth it. I'll be giving PB a call tomorrow to make sure they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
          sooo most likely it's a base model cause it's a rental car..

so your telling me a ~150hp ~3000lb car and your not spinning any tires?

doesn't sound too believeable.

i did today tho, it was POURING rain and i sat there for a good couple of seconds and spun then it took off. but 0-60 is slow. b4 i return it im gonna race it with me drivin the pro and my bro the rental hehe ,
          NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Got pins and springs from Pepboys to fix my brakes, nice and shiny. No more squeeking! Whoohoo! Also got a mounting kit for my intake so it's not bouncing around.

Comment

^ i shud get u to hook me up with some intake parts from the states;.. seeem alot cheaper..
              and in return i'll throw u some cash plus those fog light inserts i was telling u about.

Comment

That's be nice. What did you have in mind? Maybe I could get a price estimate to see if it's worth it.
                Last edited by irishkev90; 03-03-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

go for it

Comment

Well I'm not sure what you want exactly, what I have now (2 couplers, 3" plastic tubing, filter, support) cost around $75 total. The cost without that filter is around $30-35. 2.5" aluminum would obviously cost much more.

Comment

i'm interested in something like 2.5" aluminum that actually fits on the maf; plastic tubing wud pretty much be like stock without the ribs.... if your local auto store carries that.. the filter won't be necessary i already have one. even the couplers i can grab those myself. just the actualy piping..wonder how much that wud cost

Comment

Just the piping wouldn't cost much at all. Off Spectre's website it costs around $40 for the 2 parts for my intake. Next time I get the money, hopefully Saturday since I'll be babysitting, I'll order the parts and get it in my car and take some pics.

Comment

Spectre mounting kit I got while at Pepboys. Amazing how it screwed perfectly into the MAF bolt hole. Mounted to a bolt next to the battery that the airbox was held on with. No more sinking down or hitting the battery.
                          Attached Files

Comment

wow that's pretty neat.. how much was it..
                            i need one!
                            my filter just sits there.

Comment

It was $5. Came with more than anyone should need, unless you plan on mounting it from the bottom of the engine bay, lol.

Comment

i'm going to check locally to see if i can get something like this.

thinking about that.. i can't remember when i last popped my hood. except to check oil

Comment

Working...
                                X