Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mine open almost every day tweaking **** with the intake or taking a pic. But lately I don't have anything to do under there lol

I'm way past due for an oil change though, oops.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
      Spectre mounting kit I got while at Pepboys. Amazing how it screwed perfectly into the MAF bolt hole. Mounted to a bolt next to the battery that the airbox was held on with. No more sinking down or hitting the battery.

now all you gotta do is figure out a heatshield and your good to go.
      NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Been thinking about it. Just don't know how I want it set up exactly. I saw a fiberglass piece for a 3rd gen that replaces one of the splash shields under the car and it has a scoop to direct air up into the engine bay. I might make one of those also to get some fresh air in there.

I'll have to play around with some cardboard when it gets warmer out.......and find some cardboard, lol.
        Last edited by irishkev90; 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

i got the protege back from the body shop, on the way back i raced the caliber hahaha. It was a 0-80 so i won the 0-62ish then the dodge pulled away haha it was a good race. Now my car looks like brand new, i am gonna wash it this weekend since it'll be 60*F+ out and put my european plate and frame on also the sunroof visor. AND i was gonna take my grille off and paint it black but ill c if i feel like it tho.
          NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Took the subframe and mounts out of mine.
            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
              Took the subframe and mounts out of mine.
              LOL,did that when i installed the rear mount after filling it.
              Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
                LOL,did that when i installed the rear mount after filling it.
                You still never looked into that sway bar for me! LOL

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

You still never looked into that sway bar for me! LOL
                  LOL,i gotta get back out to the yard.
                  Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
                    LOL,i gotta get back out to the yard.
                    Sheesh, only like a year later lol.

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Wow, just checked my account and apparently have over $100 left. I think I may have to order my 2.5" intake tubing. Babysitting tomorrow so I'll basically just get my money back.

edit: Just ordered 60* and 22* mandrel bent 2.5" polished aluminum tubing. $48 shipped. Should be here early-middle of next week. :D
                      Last edited by irishkev90; 03-05-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Sheesh, only like a year later lol.
                        HAHA this isnt Cali up here man,its cold out there and im gettin old and frail.
                        No winter pulls from this guy ,less its an emergency.
                        Weather is warmin up though ;-)
                        The guy who owns the yard works on the hoist acrossed from mine ,ill try to persuade him not to crush the NEO untill i get back out there.