Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*cough cough Z5 cough cough*

Comment

95-98 ES models in the U.S. and 95-98 LX Models in Canada had them, thuogh not all were equipped with ABS
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

you can use the spindles of a 90-94 mazda protege lx or the rear spindles (hub) from a 90-94 lx protege. I didn't get the spindles yet, due to no time to go to the yard.. But one I get them it's just a matter of sliding them on and sliding on the new tie rods, bads and rotors.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
          and guess who has a gen 2 ES . . . which means 4 wheel disc, abs, and a BP bitches!

Must really suck to have all the nice parts, but only a 2nd gen...
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I like my second gen thank you very much!

Comment

we can tell

Comment

lol, I am glad he likes it.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                  lol, I am glad he likes it.
                  hey bruce, did you ever get around to getting the 4 wheel disc proportioning valve, and master cylinder?

Comment

I have my 97 ES, Bp and 4 wheel disc brakes...alright! Just need some parts now...
                    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                      Must really suck to have all the nice parts, but only a 2nd gen...
                      Don't forget the nice asses we've got.
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

After looking at my brakes in need of replacement, and the cost of doing the swap, i'm going to be going for the ES brakes as well, just so i know what to get, for the front, i need to get the ES: Spindles, Rotor, Caliper and Pads, right?
                        I would like to upgrade to Rear disks as well, can i just buy ES parts for that as well? if so, what would i need besides rotor/caliper and pads.

Mods:
                        JDM Headlights + Corners
                        JDM Tailights
                        1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                        Shaved Side Mouldings
                        Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                        Cone Filter
                        KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                        E-Bay front strut bar
                        Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                        40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                        and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
                          After looking at my brakes in need of replacement, and the cost of doing the swap, i'm going to be going for the ES brakes as well, just so i know what to get, for the front, i need to get the ES: Spindles, Rotor, Caliper and Pads, right?
                          I would like to upgrade to Rear disks as well, can i just buy ES parts for that as well? if so, what would i need besides rotor/caliper and pads.
                          For the front you will need: Rotors, Calipers, pads, "hardware kit", assuming you don't get your parts from the dealer or if you get junkyard parts and they are missing.
                          You will also need the caliper mounting bracket, but I doubt you need the spindle.

Also I don't know if you need the Master cylinder, Edwin can clear up that issue, If you swap to rear discs then I'm quite sure you will then need the MC as well.
                          For the rear conversion, besides the rotors, calipers and pads, You should need the Caliper mounting brackets, E brake cables, flex hoses. I'm not sure whatelse.
                          If I were you, I would look closely at what you have, take some notes etc... and then try to find a wrecked ES (good luck BTW) and compare with that, the differences.

Comment

I just got a set of rotor from ebay and lo and behold it was for the ES...grrr.. i told the guy i have the 97 lx but seems to not care abt it. ow my front wheels are off and im awaiting for his response. I kinda like the swap thing now that this thing seems to be easy. If the guy repplaces that rotor then i just keep my old set up.

WHO DOSENT LOVE THEIR 2 GENS?..love it more than my 03.5 MSP..guess cos parts for me for my speed conversion is cheaper..lol...

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

Ok, didnt even think about needing to get the master cylinder for rear disks, that could be hard to find if i go that route. If i just do the front conversion, would it be worth it? or would it just unbalance the braking and make the car hard to handle while braking.
                              Since finding a junkyard with just a Protege is impossible, finding an ES would be a miracle, and if i find it, im buying it, but in the mean time, if just the front is a good way to go, im justing buying the parts out of NAPA, they treat me good around here thanks to my dad going in every other day buying something he needs for his cars. I've heard alot about cross-drilled and slotted, and neither would really help in my case, i'm thinking i'd be better off with just a regular rotor im thinking right?

Mods:
                              JDM Headlights + Corners
                              JDM Tailights
                              1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                              Shaved Side Mouldings
                              Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                              Cone Filter
                              KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                              E-Bay front strut bar
                              Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                              40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                              and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

stick with a good quality oem or oem replacement rotor

dont go crossdrilled/slotted
                                they're not all they're 'cracked' up to be <-- pun intended

Comment

Working...
                                X