No announcement yet.

Got these today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are you going to do for a rear sway bar?
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
      what are you going to do for a rear sway bar?
      Powered by ACME

Comment

lol
        i know where you are going with this ...
        I do also have one of the Mazda Motorsports adjustable rear sway bars.
        Powered by ACME

Comment

WTF? I thought the rear struts wouldnt fit?

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
          Greater challenge on brake upgrade? How so? You going to use BG knuckles?

edit: oh, I see you were

Wouldn't fabricating new lower mounts be an easy fix?

Well Lizard i was gonna use BG spindles untill i realized that the Konis wouldnt fit in them.
          Today i dug out my rear EGT spindles and for ****z checked to see how they would marry up to the BHA GR2 struts AND THEY LINED RIGHT UP!
          I thought maybe there was a difference in camber between the struts and I cant see one .So for me its game on with the bg spindles from the EGT and the GR2 strut bodies at least for the rears.I dont have front spindles from the EGTto compare right now.
          Pictured here is the EGT spindle on the GR2 strut with a BG strut body.
          Attached Files
          Powered by ACME

Comment

awesome progress, keep up to date & let us know as things come along take & post many pics
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Update 2 strut bodies done.

Spent the day with my die grinder.I did the rear one first being overly carefull then when i saw how KYB built them i did the front one in a fraction of the time.Cut a groove all the way around about halfway through the knurled area and the strut will come apart with some tapping.
              To get rid of the factory perches just grind through the 3 welds that secure it to the strut body to weaken the welds and knock the perch off with a hammer,grind the excess weld off the body.
              The height of the Konis look ok in the tubes.
              Next i have to secure the inserts in the bodies and dream up some kinda perch for the ground control adjusters.
              BTW i measured the existing strut length in the car now which has ghetto drop springs over stock struts and its approx 19" from the top of the upper mount to the bottom om the strut body.The height that the car sits is ok for me. I will use this as a reference when welding in the perches on the GR2 bodies.The only real problem is that the droop on the Ground control/eibach spring is an unknown.I believe using an adjustable perch with spacers will pay off large if the car sits too low/high upon install.
              The Koni Part numbers im usin are 8610-1436 Race and 8610-1437 Race.
              Attached is a link to Koni catalog.
              Attached Files
              Powered by ACME

Comment

So basically, its a regular spring, but will a coilover system? Werd.
                My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Help(er) has arrived!

Props to Paragon Porsche for getting these to me super fast!!
                  Also pictured is the proposed solution to perches for the Ground Control spring adjusters to sit on.I have ordered 4 of the 2 inch ID steel single split
                  shaft collars and 4 aluminum solid collars which i will turn into "buckets" for the coil over adjusters to "sit" in.The aluminum ones will sit on the steel ones.
                  The helpers will sit beneath the eibach coilover's ,thus i need a solution to keep the springs together.I know there are couplings available for this purpose but they are costly so im gonna see what i can come up with first before getting them.
                  i think i deserve a beer now.
                  More later...........
                  Attached Files