Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring around the collars.

Time for another update,
    I received the shaft collars today and test fit them on the BHA strut bodies and i should say they are a perfect fit! .I had to pry open the split to get it to slide on, and once the hex style set screw is thightened they are really tight!
    Sitting on top of the collar is a diff spacer from a ford exploder rear end.I had them laying around at work and they will be fastened to the collars to act as "buckets" for the spring adjusters to sit in .
    I am also pricing thrust bearings and washers to sit between the main spring and adjuster to allow for easier adjustment.
    As for retaining the inserts in the bodies 2" OD with 1" bore washers will be welded to the strut tube at the top with a heat barrier to protect the insert from welding (gonna cut up an old header gasket) more on this later.....
    The aluminum 2" spacers were not cost effective. And i had the diff spacers laying around and they will do the same job.
    Still need some way of keeping the helpers and main spring joined ,there are ready made couplers like these http://www.bsrproducts.com/product_i...a4c917e9d9f6e5
    but im having trouble getting my head around dropping $150 for 4 of them.
    Also i need upper strut mounts.
    Its worth noting the BHA strut tubes have an exact 2" outer diameter which makes sourcing stuff for the build much easier.
    Attached Files
    Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
      Its worth noting the BHA strut tubes have an exact 2" outer diameter which makes sourcing stuff for the build much easier.
      it certainly is. and yeah 150 for the spacers is too much
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

looks good!!!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ksport sells the camber plates seperatly.

Also I take it you dont want the z5 head gasket I pm'd you about?
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
            Ksport sells the camber plates seperatly.

Also I take it you dont want the z5 head gasket I pm'd you about?
            I never got a PM from you about head gasket Matt.
            (that I can see)

Who sells k sport?
            Powered by ACME

Comment

I delt with them dirrectly. As I'm sure you can do. Or if you can find a few other people to buy about 4 k worth of crap I'll be come a ksport distributor

I'm pretty sure I sent you a PM last week saying I still have a spare headgasket or 2 and I think you needed one. the box im shipping you is pretty big and it fit no problem.
              Let me know I've had it sitting around ready to ship.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Strut Update .....Finally

For those who were wondering if I fell off the face of the earth or gave up on the Konis here is another update.
                Sorry about the delay but I had a bitch of a time finding 2" id pipe in steel.
                Sounds silly I know but I tried everywhere ,went througha huge metal shop nothing,ordered 2" ID exhaust pipe from auto supplier nothing,Went through the dumpster at work and nothing.
                Finally a dude at work did some exhaust on an Xterra .I measured the pipe in a few places between bends and BINGO!
                Pics show my answer to the how to keep the insert in the tube problem.
                Two inch OD washer sitting under a 1 3/4.Leaves a 1/8 gap,filled with the MIG,Grind grind grind,Will make these "caps" all pretty later.They will be held to the strut body with 3 or 4 grub scews .I will tap the strut body and drill the caps.
                Last pic shows the strut so far.
                I found a decent price on "spring sliders" .These are for fox brand off road shocks model 2.0,They use a 2.5 "ID spring .TEN BUCKS EACH WOOT!.
                I have ordered 4 from these guys:http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...p-1-c-743.html

BTW i linked this page to show you guys other shock goodies .
                Poly Performance has been A-1 so far with emails etc.Class Act IMO.
                Im hoping to pull a strut or two from the whip this weekend to set the basic ride height under droop.
                The jury is still out on mounts.
                Attached Files