Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car parts all over the house.

Originally posted by goodorange View Post
    Yeah, I'll order them and install them right to the pile of parts taking over my room. I'm looking at renting a garage towards work, so I can do all these projects, when that happens I'm sure I'll need some consultation. Thanks in advance.
    I have the same problem ,parts for future mods all over the place
    BTW what are you going to do for upper mounts?Just curious as Im still looking for a solution.
    I found it easier to have an extra set of old struts to destroy .
    Powered by ACME

Comment

thinking of getting the rear mazdaspeeds, fronts If could just order the k-sports strut mounts I'd go that way. There were cusco's out there too right?
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

the MS ones are not adjustable are they ?
        K sport are $185 each for fronts
        whos sells/has info on cusco?
        also check AWR they have some listed but the website pics seem not to be up to date.
        Powered by ACME

Comment

right the ms ones are just stiffer...
          wow 185 a pop!
          I have no idea about cusco I just remembered a pic one time.

I doubt AWR did any reasonable amount of R&D for anything on a BHA, just my opinion. They can prove me wrong if they like.
          95 ES
          05 S60R

Comment

cusco plates for the first gen @ least are $250/pair talk to corksport
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Grub Screwed

Didnt get near as much finished as i would have liked but here is the latest news.
              Drilled/tapped holes for the set screws that keep the caps on the strut bodies.The holes are tapped right the way through the bodies and caps.
              The next pic shows the screws installed without the cap.As you can see there are an "extra set of holes".The first set were too high up on the body and i was worried about structural integrity so i did another set a little lower .
              There is a little slop between the insert and the inside of the body .I need to find a pipe or tube to act as a sleeve for the insert.
              The inserts came with a steel ring that sits on a ridge on the top of them.
              I thought this would be a good place for the set (grub) screws to seat.
              Attached Files
              Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                cusco plates for the first gen @ least are $250/pair talk to corksport
                I will check them out,but i need 2nd gen.Unless i could fit 1st gen plates i n the 2nd gen beast.
                Powered by ACME

Comment

1st gen and 2nd gen cusco plates won't interchange, but i bet they make some specific to the 2nd gen. you'll have to ask corksport
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Spaced Out !

Got the spacers to join the main springs to the helpers,Polyperformance came through with the goods.Again a great deal at 10 bones each!Made out of some sorta poly plastic fibre stuff.
                    Here are a few pics.
                    Cheers ,
                    Beer
                    Attached Files
                    Powered by ACME

Comment

figure out what ur doing for the mounts yet?? you really need some pillowball mounts. that would be an incredible system then

Comment

Update Droooop Test

Ok so i did a test fit today,with the collars "up" all the way and with the adjuster all up then all down.I am happy with the range of movement.
                        Also pictured are the 3 socket head bolts used to attach the locating ring on top of the collars.Its important to note that the collars must be tightened before drilling the holes for the rings.I tightened one on the strut body then measured the gap with a feeler gauge then drilled another one using the feeler gauge as a reference to close the collar up prior to putting them under the drill press.Also shown here is a ring to take up the slop at the grub screws.The dark metal ring comes with the konis and fits to the top of them snug.The grub screws pass through the adapter ring and tighten against the dark ring from the insert.The hold down force however on the strut insert is from the cap pushing down on the black ring.
                        Upon final assembly (tomorrow for one strut i hope) i will fill the bottom of the strut body with silicone and grease the insert body and fill the bottom of the body with silicone which will force its way up the sides and give it rattle proofness.If service is required the insert should pull out leaving a pocket of silicone inside at the bottomof the body.
                        I test fitted the strut with MMS upper strut mounts for now but i think i may take a shot at bastardizing a set of stock mounts and make them adjustable with a sherical pivot bearing.
                        Its also cool that under full droop with spring length maxed out that the helpers keep tension on the set up.
                        It would be easy to get more drop by adjusting the 2" steel collar down.I guess that 1-2 inches more and the helpers would still have tension.
                        Attached Files