Got these today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few things:
    you ideally want 440 stainless steel ball , you want the camber plate slotted & the bearing insert hole drilled in a line.
    the nut that goes through the bearing & tightens the strut in place must be of mild steel or harder. you cannot use aluminum. you'll pull it right through

ryan is there a diameter difference from BF-BG strut shaft tops? if not then just get normal ones
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I will splurge on the bearings if all is good with the build.The ones I bought have chromoly races and are better than average but not awesome.
      I will do slots on the plates UHG thats gonna be a bee-otch.
      Aluminum nut? The thing in the pic is the stock for the bushing between the insert shaft and the bearing,its threaded so that it wont slop around ,the nut will of-course be the ones supplied with the inserts.I think they are made out of spentium er something.Thanks for your input,i really do appreciate it ,im still very new at the tuning/mod thing and the forum has been uber valuable.
      BTW cuscos JP website is good for finding out stock shaft sizes because you can x-reference the upper strut mounts to their respective bearing nut sizes to give you thread pitch and diameter.
      Can someone please verify pimp for me
      Powered by ACME

Comment

you still didnt answer my question on why not just get the ksport camber plates.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Just couldnt justify another $400 +
          I have some skillz and thought i would try my own first.
          If i fail i will purchase said K-sports or the like.
          But IMO my mounts look ok so far.
          Powered by ACME

Comment

the msrp is $250 for them
            Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

each?
              Powered by ACME

Comment

nope

**** the damn coilovers are 1k. how would 2 mounts be 500 by themselves.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

this is wut i got:http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/pillowb...roduct_id=pm01
                  Thats $300 plus shipping plus duty/takes.I reckon $400.00 said and done^^
                  Powered by ACME

Comment

strange the bha isnt listed anymore. odd.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Ya i know ,endangered species?