No announcement yet.

Goodbye Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, I got lucky and had the 1.6 given to me for my 16th birthday. Which damn I was appreciative of. When the 1.6 was totalled I used the money from parts sales to cover the extra cost of the MP3.

Comment

sureeeeeeee, likely story, if your so rich lend me sme money......
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I have no money in my bank account to loan out.

Comment

lol like you were gonna anyways.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
            anyone know if funkdaddy is still selling his cars? I think the more expensive one was like 800 .

He sold them....he wanted 8 for the protege, 3 for the 323 or 1g for both.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Did you leave the Kartboy bushings on?
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Too many comments to reply at once!

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                The way i see it, better to learn your lesson young. What really sux is getting behind on all of your other bills because of one bill.
                That's the way it worked out for me... my payment was $360/month, 5 years at 15.5%, and insurance was about $150, so $500/month for the car. I loved this car, but it wasn't worth that much when I was getting behind on other bills.

Originally posted by TheMAN
                why couldn't you sell the car and just use that money to pay back the bank/have new owner take over the payments?
                The bank wouldn't let someone else take over the payment plan I had, because credit ratings and income could be different, so they would have to apply for a new loan. The problem is that I owe $2500 more than private party book value, and to get the title from the bank I have to completely pay off the loan. I didn't have the money to make up the difference, and I couldn't get a private loan for that amount either.

Originally posted by charles
                Did you leave the Kartboy bushings on?
                I never actually got around to installing them. I might sell them again, but I think I might hold on to them for later... I'll still be looking for a 1st gen.

Comment

fu, when i was buying mine, my 2000 was 352 a month. Of course i was a first time buyer and before refinancing< I was paying at 16% interest.
                  Damn, my payments were 292/month then I got my car refinanced down to 216/month. This baby's gonna be paid off early next year, woot!
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

lol, yup, just keep up with your payments, Whats the details on your car. miles etc...I have a friend who is a repo man that can tell you what they might get for it at auction, also how much did you owe at time of surrender?
                    2003 LX
                    22k miles
                    ~ $12500 owed
                    ~ $10000 private party value from kbb.com
                    ~ $8500 dealer trade in

You're friends with the enemy, huh? :p:

Comment

So as of tonight there's been a slight change of plans... my girlfriend and I are going to swap cars at least for a while. She gets the VW, and I get her 84 Maxima. The Maxima needs a bit more work than the VW, but overall it suits me better: it has a sunroof, is lower to the ground, has a tilt steering wheel, working AC, and just feels more comfortable to me. It's RWD and has a straight-six which until this evening I thought was a 3.0 liter, but after reading up it seems it's either a 2.4 or a 2.8, I can't quite figure out which of my sources knows their **** the best. The only serious problem I have with it is that it's an automatic, but that can be dealt with or fixed. That and the suspension is so shot that I can pump the brakes at 10 mph and it looks like I have hydraulics.
                      Last edited by jnorion; 09-30-2004, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Kartboy bushings only work for 3rd gen
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          2003 LX
                          22k miles
                          ~ $12500 owed
                          ~ $10000 private party value from kbb.com
                          ~ $8500 dealer trade in

You're friends with the enemy, huh? :p:
                          If you call it that. The bad thing is, hes a last chance repo man because is a trained muai tai and all last chance people tend to get a little violent. When he repo's a car he takes everything in it. Being his friendc I get first dibs on any accessories on the car. Bye the way my car was paid off last year with a 5k settlement from charter communications. so my payment is 1000/yr for insurance. My girlfriend on the other hand, had a 03 z24 and gave it up. They ended up auctioning it with 39k on it for $2400 dollars. she still owes 10k on it. HEll ive seen totalled cars go for that. Anyways she has a lawyer and It looks like she may get out of oweing anything.
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

that's a pretty ****ty loan.... 0% finance for 4 years kicks ass

how bout you co-sign on a new charger for me?

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

that's a pretty ****ty loan.... 0% finance for 4 years kicks ass
                              Yeah, it was a very ****ty loan, but circumstances being what they were, I was completely on my own to buy a car at age 20, I needed a family car because I had a kid too young, and banks would only approve me for a new car that had a warranty, or a really ****ty car that didn't (not an upgrade from what I had at the time). Probably not the best decision with my 20/20 hindsight, but here I am, I'm young, and I won't make that mistake again.

Fuq: I'm figuring I will have to pay between $6k and $7k after it's over. If I get lucky and they sell it for more, great, but I don't want to expect it and be disappointed.

Comment

sorry to hear about your loss man, good luck with the VW. like previously stated, get a first gen if ya can and have fun with it.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
                                www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

Working...
                                X