Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Def, First gen lx's are great, You can pick one up for 800-1000

Comment

Yet another possible change in plans... a friend who works at the local audio shop is selling his 1985 Celica, wants $750 for it, and is willing to take it in three payments. The car will need a new tranny sometime soon (3rd and 5th gear "don't work") but is driveable in the meantime, and the tranny is about $125 shipped from ebay and many junkyards. The engine was rebuilt about 60k miles ago, and headers, cams, etc. were installed. I haven't inspected it fully yet so I don't know what all has gone into it. The suspension has been entirely replaced with high performance stuff and large size sway bars. I'm really excited, I think it's going to work out. Much better than either of the cars we have now.

Comment

what were ur payments? they couldnt be that high.... i wouldnt think. sucksto see u go man.
        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
        Beige 1994 Protege DX
        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

^^^ Read the thread, post 38 above

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            did you actually try mazda credit when you were buying your car? they have good rates
            heh, yeah, that WAS mazda credit. I wasn't approved anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled, but I needed SOMETHING at the time, and this worked out for me... sort of

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                heh, yeah, that WAS mazda credit. I wasn't approved anywhere else.
                Dont feel bad.... they got me too.

Comment

Yet another possible change in plans... a friend who works at the local audio shop is selling his 1985 Celica, wants $750 for it, and is willing to take it in three payments. The car will need a new tranny sometime soon (3rd and 5th gear "don't work") but is driveable in the meantime, and the tranny is about $125 shipped from ebay and many junkyards. The engine was rebuilt about 60k miles ago, and headers, cams, etc. were installed. I haven't inspected it fully yet so I don't know what all has gone into it. The suspension has been entirely replaced with high performance stuff and large size sway bars. I'm really excited, I think it's going to work out. Much better than either of the cars we have now.
                  Which trim line is it? My favorite would be the GT-S, which has the bulletproof 22re motor (think of Toyota trucks, ha), and 4-wheel discs. I'm not sure what motor the other models have.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                    Which trim line is it? My favorite would be the GT-S, which has the bulletproof 22re motor (think of Toyota trucks, ha), and 4-wheel discs. I'm not sure what motor the other models have.
                    GT-S. In 86 it was the 3S-GE engine, 2.0L DOHC 16v with 135 hp stock, but it was rebuilt with new cams and header and I *think* the pistons were bored out, but I'm not actually sure. I have yet to actually look under the hood or get a list of mods from the guy. But it's the luxury version... leather seats, auto climate control, power everything. I should be getting it this week sometime, but he's doing a little bit of work on it before he turns it over to me.

Comment

hey.. not to be like off subject.. but what wing/spoiler did u have on your protege in the first picture?? i really like it.

Comment

stock

Comment

Originally posted by robisconfusedd
                          hey.. not to be like off subject.. but what wing/spoiler did u have on your protege in the first picture?? i really like it.
                          On my car? It's actually not stock, it came from spoilerdepot.com, but it's the stock style and I have yet to notice a difference between them. You can order them for something like $150.

Comment

thanks!, that site is awesome. sry to hear ur protege had to go tho

Comment

Apparently I got ****ed. I got a call from Bank of America today... the people (multiple people, 3 or 4) that I talked to when I decided to surrender my car who assured me that I would be able to make payments on the balance of the debt when they sold it at the auction were "misinformed". I owe $5,031.20 on it, due now, and if it's not resolved or in the process of being resolved by the end of the month they get to garnish my wages.

Comment

Apparently I got ****ed. I got a call from Bank of America today... the people (multiple people, 3 or 4) that I talked to when I decided to surrender my car who assured me that I would be able to make payments on the balance of the debt when they sold it at the auction were "misinformed". I owe $5,031.20 on it, due now, and if it's not resolved or in the process of being resolved by the end of the month they get to garnish my wages.
                                Damn that sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X