Market research! 99-03 Protege Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
    my damn spoiler is fiiber glass. The thought of a fiber glass hood is scary to me ....
    pebbles and stones .. ohh god
    Again, depends on how well it is constructed and depends on what resins are used. Steel, aluminum, fiberglass or carbon fiber, if you drive the car, it WILL get pebbles and stones. At least fiberglass won't rust ...

Comment

So, how is the hood coming along?
      [

Comment

I am interested on how it's coming along too, I'm looking for a hood also....I'd perfer C/F but price range always hits me first.
        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Thanks for asking how we're doing.

We worked a lot in the past weeks (unfortunatly not full time since we have other full time jobs) and I must say we progressed a lot. We fabricated a heavy-duty (stiff) adjustable table to work the hood and mold to be as straight as possible which we feel is the most important thing for the hoods to fit as good as possible.

Then we modified a stock hood to make the mold over it. We had to make smoother edges and the scoop itself. There's a lot of work involved, more than most people think there is. We want quality first so we have to work more on the details.

We hope to have the 99-00 hood ready for april then the 01-03 will follow-up closely and hopefully it will take less time to develop than the 99-00.

Oh, and as soon as the fiberglass hood is up to our expectations, we are going to make a carbon fiber one in order to offer it as an upgrade over the fiberglass hood.

Comment

Wow, sounds like you guys are coming along..I like how you decided to do the carbon fiber as well....Good Luck and keep us updated!
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

that sounds great, do you guys have an estimated price for the hoods yet? and to tell you the truth i dont know how everyone else feels but i would love to see an extractor style hood for our cars in carbon fiber, the ones that have a vent to let air out ... but thats just my 2cents.

Comment

Thanks for the great comments! Really appreciated!

We do not have a price yet as we are currently making the mold. As soon as the mold is ready to work, we are going to make a hood and estimate the asking price. We are hoping to have competitive prices since we do not rely on the hoods to make a living and because we have no rent to pay... for now.

About that extractor hood scoop, do you have a good pic of that scoop? We are continously looking for new styles for our future hoods and projects.

Thanks!

Comment

this is the best i got http://www.visracing.com/catalog/ima...N4DVS-010C.jpg

Comment

Do you have pic of what your hood will look like?
                    [

Comment

Originally posted by customprotege
                      Do you have pic of what your hood will look like?
                      Our first hoods will be the EVO style that Wings West is currently offering.

Comment

That would be great. I always liked the look of that hood, but I'm not going to spend a lot of money for a carbon fiber hood and paint it. I don't like the look of the carbon fiber on the hood and not anywhere's else on the car.
                        [

Comment

That would be great. I always liked the look of that hood, but I'm not going to spend a lot of money for a carbon fiber hood and paint it. I don't like the look of the carbon fiber on the hood and not anywhere's else on the car.
                          Well our hood will be perfect for you. It won't be as expensive as others (at least it looks like it will be that way) and won't be carbon fiber if you don't want it to so you just paint it your car's color and you have a killer hood.

Comment

That'll be great. Do you have an estimated price range that we can look forward to? I need to start saving for it.
                            [

Comment

That'll be great. Do you have an estimated price range that we can look forward to? I need to start saving for it.
                              Well as I stated in my last posts, it's too early to estimate a price since we are currently making the mold. I'll post the prices as soon as I know 'em.

Comment

will you make them for both the 99-00 and 01-03?
                                My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                                X