Market research! 99-03 Protege Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green
    Could you post a pic of the underside of the hood?
    Give your email adress and I'll send you a bunch of pics.

Comment

im in man. my email is dahotprotege@yahoo.com
      My OLD Car

Comment

Hey guys, check this up, I'm picking up the painted hood tomorrow morning and I'm going to take some pics. Then I'll post 'em right here, upperside, underside. Unfortunatly the grills are not installed cause I didn't received 'em yet.

Comment

ok waiting....
          My OLD Car

Comment

Ok, we got the painted hood (looks fabulous), the grills and NO SUNSHINE! It's cold and rainy so we didn't get any pics yet! Stupid weather!! Friday MAX I'll have the pics. Hope so.

Comment

That's ok, take your time...
              Silver 2001 Protege ES
              5-speed manual
              4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
              Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

PICS! Ok the color dosen't match, the guy who mixed the paint screwed up!! DAMN!! I was so pissed. So here are the pics! New pics with washed car, hood painted the right color and outside under the sun for next week! Stay tuned!

Sorry for posting late for the western guys ... i'm in the east.

I can take orders right now if someone wants one. PM me for more infos or to buy one.

Comment

Just found this thread. I would like more pictures emailed to me ciel@computermail.net. I am very interested in the fit and overall look of the car with the hood on it. I have a silver 99 ES myself, so these pictures are pretty helpful. Thanks.

Also, is there a plan for different hood styles? I'm not sure I am in love with the scoop. Speaking of which, does it keep water from getting inside?
                  My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                  JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                  AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
                    Just found this thread. I would like more pictures emailed to me ciel@computermail.net. I am very interested in the fit and overall look of the car with the hood on it. I have a silver 99 ES myself, so these pictures are pretty helpful. Thanks.

Also, is there a plan for different hood styles? I'm not sure I am in love with the scoop. Speaking of which, does it keep water from getting inside?
                    We are not planning on making different hood style for '99-'00 for now. Making the mold is just too much work and it seems that the '01-'03 will sell more so it will be the our next mold, as soon as this first batch of hoods sells enough for us to have enough money to start. Sorry for that, I went with the popular demand and this is the hood I came up with.

For the water inside, there are numerous things one can do to block water under the hood. The grills on my pics is one the many things you can put in the holes. You decide. And I can ship the hood with no holes too.

You'll have to wait next week for more pics, it's all I have interesting for now.

Comment

yeah, i figured having the 99 would do that for demand. So right now the hood has straight out holes? Are the grills extra? Do they some how handle the water into a safe place.
                      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

yeah, i figured having the 99 would do that for demand. So right now the hood has straight out holes? Are the grills extra? Do they some how handle the water into a safe place.
                        As I said, the hood has holes but I can leave the hood uncut so no holes at all. The grills are not included as I felt each customer would probably like to bring their own touch by putting whatever they like in the holes.

I will offer the grills with the hoods as soon as I find a decent retailer with decent prices. The grills you see in the pics won't handle water to a safe place cause that hood was for taking pics only. The guy who bought it will figure this out himself. One could easily rig up some nicely breaked sheetmetal painted flat or semi black to put under the grills. Or you could go crazy with closable traps activated by an electrical actuator with a switch mounted in your car.

Comment

That was why I wanted the underside pics... couldn't figure out the holes. Are you planning on using the same scoop on the 01-03?
                          Silver 2001 Protege ES
                          5-speed manual
                          4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
                          Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

Originally posted by Green
                            That was why I wanted the underside pics... couldn't figure out the holes. Are you planning on using the same scoop on the 01-03?

Yeah sorry for the underside pics, I will have 'em soon. And a bunch of other pics.

I might do the same scoop on the 01-03 but I don't know, I feel like like doing something else. Depends of the buyers I guess. Anyway, I'm not starting the mold until I have sold 4-5 of the 99-00 hoods.

Comment

how many buyers do you have?

Comment

how many buyers do you have?
                                Up 'till now I have more interested buyers than real buyers. Hoping to have a couple sold in the next 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X