Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cablemirc is an asshole ripoff scam artist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
    No wonder he didnt want to give me body parts with the "gtr front clip", he was using them for himself, glad i didnt fall for that one!
    cablemirc was entitled to keep whatever he wanted from the container for himself, as agreed by the involved parties.
    The GTR didn't come as an assembled front (1/2) cut to begin with. It was being sold as a collection of parts, and Dave can sell his wares however he likes.

Someone who has never met Dave face to face trusted him enough to send $20,000 US worth of items accross the Pacific to his doorstep.

If something is amiss, bring your accusation or point of contention out in the open for us all to see clearly.
    Last edited by JDMConnected; 08-19-2005, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Woah, how did I miss this thread?

I've done ALOT of business with Dave...buying AND selling and he's always been trustworthy and good on his word. All other good things I wanted to say about Dave have already been said.

Besides praising Dave, I must say that NO front clips guarantee body parts. Sometimes you can GET them if you're lucky, or you pay a premium for a clip WITH body parts. But a front clip in the automotive business does not require much more than the front chassis of the car, the motor, tranny, wiring, mounts, crossmember and ECU...all in stock location.

I've spent alot of time researching importing a front clip for myself and have seen them with my own eyes and I know what's what. This isn't new **** to me, so beliedat!
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Well that killed a couple minutes of my day . Maybe OCD will respond so i'll have more to read later....

Comment

OCD

Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

I understand alot of yalls points, obviously, if he did the work he can keep what he wants, no doubt but why lie about them?

So it begins...I started talking to him about something with the 323, telling him about the gtx front clip i planned to get- so on so on. He then tells me that He "has a gtr clip". Later he says "minus the scrap metal, so he can save room and costs on shipping". I think thats awesome talk to him some more, consider getting it. He tells me at first, he wants 3k for the clip, well im thinking with all the **** that should come with it, thats cool. Later i ask him well what kind of body parts will i get with it? He says they have already been sold and one thing he said he was using for himself. Well 3 grand just for an engine and wireharness?! Come on now! Ive got a guy here and in florida that can source me an entire frontclip with bodyparts for 3 grand.....So i tell Dave this...He says somewhere between $2800 and $2500. A bit more reasonable.....but still, i ask him to throw in some goodies. Like, maybe a grill, tach cluster, just about anything.....he said he would throw in one or two things but they really werent worth too much.
            So later, i ask him: "Well i will pay you as much as you want for the body parts, why not do that?"
            He basicly shrugs it off...
            Later i ask about each part individually, "What about the bumper?" i ask
            He Replies " Its already been sold"
            "The Grill?" i ask,
            "OH you dont want that its been defaced by the nissan symbol"
            "Hood vents?"
            "Im using those to make carbon fiber ones."
            "Headlights?!"
            "Sold, sold"
            "Doorpanels, steering wheel, gauge cluster, rear bumper, wing, anything?!"
            "SOLD, sold, sold, sold, sold, sold..........."

At this point, im thinking ok fine, if they are sold they are sold, big deal.
            But i think to myself, why pay for a gtr clip and just get the engine when i can get the whole clip for the same price? So i tell Dave this, i say "well i can get the whole clip for that much man, Ill get it from you, just throw in something!"
            No can do.

So fine, he was asking alot for it, but what really pissed me off is he says all this **** was already sold lalalla. Then a few days later i see he gets a 323, i start thinking, i bet all those parts he wouldnt send with the clip he is going to use himself....So i ask him! I straight up say that he is going to use the parts for himself, and i dont think it was right for him to price the engine at the price of a clip and not throw in any extras... HE never EVER EVER responds again....Now why not? If i wasnt correct it would of been quite easy to respond, youre crazy or something. Conversly if i was right, i imagine it would of been a bit harder to figure out something to say.

So bottome line, why i dont agree:
            -He lied about parts
            -He wanted a full clip price for 1/4 the parts, (someone said earlier, that you cant expect parts to be there. Yes most of the times you cant, they get broken and so on. However he send me pictures of the car still running so on, so i knew they were there, unharmed)

Basicly, think about it this way, he wanted me to pay for the clip in whole, and then him keep most of the parts. Well if i paid for the clip, why the **** shouldnt i get the parts I paid for? Bad bussiness, if you dont agree, sorry, just watch out.... if he only had the engine for sale he should of price it for the cost of an engine, not of a clip.

Id be like one of yall buying a gtr rear hatch, which you knew had the spoilers on it, paying full price, and then getting the hatch minus the spoilers...shady huh?
            Last edited by OCD-SPEED; 08-19-2005, 01:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

BTW i love you tards saying "BAN HIM!" is expressing your opinion reason to be banned? Thought so. Anyway, shortly my ENTIRE GTR clip will be arriving, oh yes and for under 3 grand...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StealthStyle
                yea, i dont know about this guy. he keeps saying to look throug his posts for more info. so i did

RESULTS:

a couple of game talking posts

---ex: PSITURBO, hate to say it but that 323 isnt gonn have **** on me. *cough* GTR motor *cough*..........nuff said

---ex2: Ive been planning a project 323 for some time. It will become GTR powered soon...

a thread where someone was selling the exact gtr parts he is whining about right now. he gets the first reply in it, saying he sent an email, but it mysteriously gets sold to someone else. more game talking perhaps?

a thread where a gtr swap is being discussed. he says he would get a used g series tranny, but it is not within his budget. how the hell do you budget for a gtr swap, but not have enough to buy a freakin used tranny.

and a whole bunch of **** talking posts, the cs thread, a bunch of other people's threads, just a negative vibe in general.

care to explain what reading your posts explains?

edit: you have your instructions
                You my friend, despite that you actually took the time to do your homework, are still and idiot.
                "---ex: PSITURBO, hate to say it but that 323 isnt gonn have **** on me. *cough* GTR motor *cough*..........nuff said
                "
                That guy was talking **** about my car, so yes i fired back

"---ex2: Ive been planning a project 323 for some time. It will become GTR powered soon..."

.......and?! i have other sources.

"a thread where someone was selling the exact gtr parts he is whining about right now. he gets the first reply in it, saying he sent an email, but it mysteriously gets sold to someone else. more game talking perhaps?"

Talked to the guy, he ended up selling them to his buddy in the same town. Cant blame him, he knew him and he didnt have to **** with shipping.....

"a thread where a gtr swap is being discussed. he says he would get a used g series tranny, but it is not within his budget. how the hell do you budget for a gtr swap, but not have enough to buy a freakin used tranny."

Yes, i took out a loan for exactly what i need, another tranny isnt in the budget just yet.

"and a whole bunch of **** talking posts, the cs thread, a bunch of other people's threads, just a negative vibe in general."

Youre full of ****, shut the hell up before i put my dick in your mouth. Thats complete garbage, id say maybe 1% of my posts were negative other than that it was always helpful!
                You now have been "PWNED" so "STFU" as these people say.
                sigpic

Comment

OH NOES DAVE KEPT SOME STUFF FOR HIMSELF, START A RIOT

Look Pal, this isent some GTX u can pick up on the side of the road anywere alright, its a GTR, hell, some people would pay 3 grand just for the engine / harness / ecu alone, and probobly have

He didnt lie about anything, he said they werent for sale, so they werent, and they werent gonna be included in any order that you placed with him, no matter what you thought would come with it
                  Joe H
                  2000 Chevy Impala
                  3400 3.4 Liter V6
                  Fun Times

Comment

OCD-SPEED...the quote you got from somewhere else, was it for a GTR clip? If so, that's a ****in' sweet price for a FULL GTR clip w/body panels and you should get it.

The pics Dave showed you were of the car...it was then disassembled and thats where the parts are coming from. It's not difficult to understand. He dismantled the cars and had the parts brought over in his container.

It's not shady at all, just because he sold some parts off the same car as your engine was coming from, doesn't mean you're entitled to them. You're buying a front clip. If you need clarification on what comes w/a front clip, call your local importer. Ask them if they MUST supply you with body parts. No, they do not.

****, when I bought my interplay bumper from Dave, there was a GTR engine behind it in the pic he showed me...does that mean I'm getting the GTR engine? No. This is the exact same situation you're in.

A clip is limited to everything that you need to run the motor in its place. If the importer wants to maximize their profits, they will strip everything else and sell it piece by piece. That's what Dave is doing. Sure it's cool to buy a clip from an importer that doesn't know **** about Mazdas and get all the body parts, but I highly doubt you can get a good condition GTR clip with all body parts from anyone else right now. They're few and far between. That's a fact.
                    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                      OCD-SPEED...the quote you got from somewhere else, was it for a GTR clip? If so, that's a ****in' sweet price for a FULL GTR clip w/body panels and you should get it.

The pics Dave showed you were of the car...it was then disassembled and thats where the parts are coming from. It's not difficult to understand. He dismantled the cars and had the parts brought over in his container.

It's not shady at all, just because he sold some parts off the same car as your engine was coming from, doesn't mean you're entitled to them. You're buying a front clip. If you need clarification on what comes w/a front clip, call your local importer. Ask them if they MUST supply you with body parts. No, they do not.

****, when I bought my interplay bumper from Dave, there was a GTR engine behind it in the pic he showed me...does that mean I'm getting the GTR engine? No. This is the exact same situation you're in.

A clip is limited to everything that you need to run the motor in its place. If the importer wants to maximize their profits, they will strip everything else and sell it piece by piece. That's what Dave is doing. Sure it's cool to buy a clip from an importer that doesn't know **** about Mazdas and get all the body parts, but I highly doubt you can get a good condition GTR clip with all body parts from anyone else right now. They're few and far between. That's a fact.

exactly. I'd love to see the condition of this "GTR" motor in this clip you got for 3 grand.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                        I'd love to see the condition of this "GTR" motor in this clip you got for 3 grand.

Joe H
                        2000 Chevy Impala
                        3400 3.4 Liter V6
                        Fun Times

Comment

Hah, u wish. Tards
                          sigpic

Comment

feel free to send us pics of your gtr when you get it, with a sign saying your name @ wihandyman.com with the engine code, and entire front clip, just for fun
                            Joe H
                            2000 Chevy Impala
                            3400 3.4 Liter V6
                            Fun Times

Comment

Will do.
                              sigpic

Comment

im not gonna keep arguing, we can all make different points and keep going forever. i think you misinterpereted what dave was doing. rather than just saying "**** off the body parts are mine", he would rather let you down easily, by saying that they are not avalible (for whatever reasons). and when he said without the scrap metal, that means you are just getting the clip, without the clip. in other words, you get everything mechanical and electronic, but not attached to the actual chassis front. thats why it saves shipping. you can just throw everything into a box and not worry about the front clip taking up room.

so yea, maybe technically he did lie to you, but i doubt he did it intentionally trying to scam anyone.

btw, i bought the gtr from him (and hey it was a decent price considering the motor was rebuilt 20k ago), and he was more than happy to throw in some extras for the same price he wanted. something about getting more flies with honey than with vinegar...
                                Last edited by StealthStyle; 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X