• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by traitorhound
    Hey Brian. ...you think you can get me the amps at cost too?:p:

heh it was worth a shot

-Rich
    i'll see what i can do

Comment

**** **** **** ****!!!! i just typed a nice long reply detailing everything, and i put in too many damned smileys, so it all got erased anyways here's the deal. the fubr's are getting discontinued, so my dist. doesn't have any, and won't get any. all they have are the FBX's. the LT amps will have to be shipped from the texas wharehouse, so shipping would suck, and the price is cheaper online, since you don't pay tax. the class A/B is available, and in stock at the orange city wharehouse, so i can pick them up, but they'd be $5 more than if you got them through the online site, since taxes and my friend's 5% is added on to the order. my rep recomended going with hollywood sound labs. i've been very happy with their equipment, and i've used it in my car, as well as a ton of installs but if you go with a hollywood setup, i'd highly recomend going with a single 4 channel amp for your fronts, and bridge the rear channels to the sub. and don't bother amping your rear speakers, since they aren't very important here's the amp page:
      HVX400.4
      you could get that 4 channel and the HVX300.2 for your rears, *if* you really need to amp your rear speakers
      i'd highly recomend excursion subs.
      x2-1080D
      i've seen these sub in plenty of competitions, and i know they can take a beating:p: it'll be a bit more than a fubr, but it's got a much more efficient motor, so it doesn't need as much power.
      i can get prices on the hollywood stuff tomorrow, if you're interested

Comment

alright. ... .well then now it all depends on price. . . .i would like to amp the rear speakers too. ..but cause i have them. ...heh

but now if it turns out that way then i wanna see price differentials on both of these and keep to my first said price of the amps to be around 200-220 USD if possible to keep the rear speakers powered (i don't have a head unit so that was why i had the rears on an amp)
        2003 P5 Midnight Blue
        Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
        OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
        Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
        sun ground kit
        5spd sunroof
        Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
        7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
        power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
        6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

orange city? as in orange city next to deland?
          2003 P5 Midnight Blue
          Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
          sun ground kit
          5spd sunroof
          7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
          6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

sorry, didn't read the computer setup you've got i'll get some prices tomorrow and let you know what i think is the best route yeah orange city is next to deland, and i'm from deland my friend's shop is in deleon springs, just north of deland.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              sorry, didn't read the computer setup you've got i'll get some prices tomorrow and let you know what i think is the best route yeah orange city is next to deland, and i'm from deland my friend's shop is in deleon springs, just north of deland.
              yea that's waht i thought. . . i did one of my training scuba dives in deleon springs right off of US 17. ...it was actually a pretty crappy dive but i got certified that day
              2003 P5 Midnight Blue
              sun ground kit
              5spd sunroof
              7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
              6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Originally posted by traitorhound
                yea that's waht i thought. . . i did one of my training scuba dives in deleon springs right off of US 17. ...it was actually a pretty crappy dive but i got certified that day

yeah, i worked out there at the restaurant for a few years and the boat rental place for a while cool job my friend said that the cave collapsed a few months ago. no one in it, thank god you aught to check out blue springs for diving. i heard it's really cool. that's down in orange city

Comment

ok, got some more info for ya

first off, hollywood is now out of the question for amps. they have a **** ton of their speakers and a bunch of subs left, but no amps. apparently they had too many of them returned with problems, so they are not going to carry hollywood anymore, not even their subs and hollywood subs were the first i used in my car, so it's a bummer. but on the bright side, if you do want a hollywood sub, i can get you a pretty good deal. the edge subs back in the day were just over $100 at dealer cost. now i can get an ED-1024D for about $90, your cost. or i could get you an X2-1080D for $80. the edge is a serious sub, and it'll take a beating IMHO a much better sub than a FUBR.
                  secondly, my rep gave me a ton of info on the new crunch products, hold on, i know most everyone know's crunch is ****ty. for those of you who don't remember, back in the day crunch was a great company that put out very high quality products. then the same group that owns some cheaper brands like pyramid bout them out. their products went to **** for the later part of the '90s up through recently. they have been bought out by maxxsonics, who has maxxsonics, hifonics, and now crunch in their group. the first thing they did was redesign their products to the same high quality specifications as back in the day, and rehired most of the designers. anyways, the end product is the crunch we have today. their 3 lines out now are all high quality and very reliable. so that brings up the option of using crunch for your system. if you wanted to keep it small and economical, they've got a sweet 5 channel amp that puts out 100x4 at 4 ohm, and 300x1 at 4 ohm. info on the amps. or you could pick out a 4 channel amp and another amp from their lineup i can get you the 5 channel amp for $185.
                  here's my recomendation to keep your cost to a minimum, while still having a loud system:
                  4 channel amp: BLX480 from the specs above. should be about $130.
                  2 channel amp: BLX2250. i'll have to make sure both amps are in stock at my dist. this one is 1000x1@4 ohm, so you'd need to run the sub in series to get 8 ohm, and about 500 watts to it this one should be about $130 also.
                  sub: fubr10, since you said you can get it for $40.
                  grand total = about $300
                  this way you'll be pushing the fubr with more power, and later on you'll be able to run the amp at 4 ohm mono, if you change subs, for more power

now for the cheapest possible solution, get the 5 channel amp for $185, and one of their CMX10's for $45. here's specs on the sub. or you could get the square 12 in the box for $75. so $230 for the 5 channel amp and 10, or $260 for the enclosed 12
                  Last edited by blue LEDz; 10-29-2003, 01:48 PM.

Comment

alright. . .sounds good for the 5 channels..... ..

ok if we were to go to this manufacturer. ... .what if i get a 4 channel and a 2 chanllel (for the sub) that was around 10x10in. . ..i know that'll give less power for teh sub again but 10 x 10 shoudl allow both of the amps to fit in reasonably the same way that my previous setup did but with more power

how about hte same 4 channel amp you described but the sub amp be one step lower to be 10x12in any price on that.. .i think i like the idea of 2 amps as there are more wiring options for the sub
                    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                    sun ground kit
                    5spd sunroof
                    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

ah crap. . .i like taht sub. . .but i already got my gf (lol shes awesome and has a woodshop at home) to build me a sealed box taht's .66cf (cause i was assuming the fubr). . .any recommendations on that one? would that 10 be alright in that box being a little too small?

decisions decsions. . ........ahhhhhhh
                      Last edited by traitorhound; 10-29-2003, 02:12 PM.
                      2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                      sun ground kit
                      5spd sunroof
                      7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                      6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

i wish the fubr's were available in single 4 ohm configuration. anyways, the smaller 2 channel, the BLX2200 would be about $120. the 5 channel would be the most economical way to do it, and running the CMX10 in your sealed box should be fine, just put some polyfill in the box either setup, the 5 channel and crunch 10, or the 4 channel, 2 channel, and fubr10 would be nice. the fubr would be louder, though

Comment

i thoguth the fubr's were dual 2 ohm. .so they could be run as a 4 ohm load

EDIT: guess not. ..i could have sworn that it used to say dual 2 ohm sub

athought everywhere except for best buy advertising it as a dual 2 ohm sub

it says dual 2. ..but the newer version of the PA site now says dual 4
                          Last edited by traitorhound; 10-29-2003, 02:25 PM.
                          2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                          sun ground kit
                          5spd sunroof
                          7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                          6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

you know, i'm not totally sure. i remember it used to be dual 2 ohm also. have your buddy that works at best buy check the box for one

Comment

hmm.. ..maybe i may just cop out and go the cheaper route. ..it just sucks right now not having subs at all in my car. . ..i got the mid bass still there but. ..there isn't that heart stopping vibration anymore. ...lol

i was just checking out thezeb.com and they have clearances on the 2001 audiobahn line up. . .any 10's that are any good from them. ..only 60 bux too

ive been looking at other brands too.....one thing that came to mine was KOLE Audio. ..same exact specs and amp sizes as Power Acoustik.....same manufacturer?

only they are like 10% cheaper in every aspect in price.....

i know ive heard of Kole Audio before cause i saw them in orlando at WATTS IN A BOX if youve ever gone to that store and all their reps recommended them as being some of the best stuff they carry. (their top brands were audiobahn, power acoustik, visonik, kole) and then they had the garbage crap that they even told me not to buy (which i already knew not to get it : boss, legacy, soundstorm)
                              Last edited by traitorhound; 10-29-2003, 11:57 PM.
                              2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                              sun ground kit
                              5spd sunroof
                              7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                              6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

i've never been a huge fan of audiobahn, since for their regular prices they are WAY overpriced and overrated, but the high excursion one for $60 is their best deal

i don't know anything about kole audio, except that they are a new line from the group that owns power acoustik, farenheit, and sound stream. they are probably cheaper, since they want to promote the new line

visonik is a partner company with MA audio, along with mobile authority. mobile authority is the cheap brand, visonik is the mid lever, and MA is supposed to be the top end.

if those are the top brands at watts in a box, that's pretty sad

just let me know what you decide to go with

Comment

Working...
                                X