new amp/sub suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by traitorhound
    i didn't see any RF wiring kits that suited my needs at the store. . .the largest they had that i was able to see on the shelves was 4 ga . . ill have to check up on that. . . .hmm. . .under the carpet you say. . ill have to look more into that

when you pull up the door sills, you'll see the factory wire loom, with fasteners securing both the loom and the carpet. i broke all but like 2 of them, but they can come out without breaking them, i just didn't have the patience you'll also want to remove the bottom seat belt bolt, and possibly the seat. the panel covering the piece between the 2 doors can be slid up, or completely removed. once you've got it all unfastened and what not, the carpet pulls away with no problem

Comment

alirght. . .like two month later. . .i finally got my fubr's. . .. .. ..woo hoo

well now i have another predicament now blue . . . . they are in fact DUAL 2OHM subs so i would either wire 1 sub as a 1 ohm load to the a1800db or 2 of them to give it a two ohm load. . ..i plan on building a ported box according to their specs and just wondering what you would do with that. . .. .if i do 1 sub it will get the amps 1400rms to 1 sub and the 2 ohm load will give 650rms to each sub

what would you do?
      2003 P5 Midnight Blue
      Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
      OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
      Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
      sun ground kit
      5spd sunroof
      Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
      7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
      power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
      6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

alirght. . .like two month later. . .i finally got my fubr's. . .. .. ..woo hoo

well now i have another predicament now blue . . . . they are in fact DUAL 2OHM subs so i would either wire 1 sub as a 1 ohm load to the a1800db or 2 of them to give it a two ohm load. . ..i plan on building a ported box according to their specs and just wondering what you would do with that. . .. .if i do 1 sub it will get the amps 1400rms to 1 sub and the 2 ohm load will give 650rms to each sub

what would you do?

i'd run the 2 subs. there isn't a large enough power difference between the ratings if it were more substantial, i'd just run one, if the sub can take the power. i was only running 1200 watts to my mofo 15. so 1400 on a single fubr will be a bit much. they're rated 1800 MAX, not rms. i doubt you'd be able to really hear the difference between 1100 watts and 1400 watts

Comment

hey guys,

got a question...what size amp would be a good one to power my solo baric l7??? I was looking at visonik but I don't know how good they are??? Also has anyone heard of DHD??? I had one of there amps before...it could hold the power to my RF 12's ...but it made a loud popping noise when it turned off!!!! OTher wise it was sweet. I need the amp to at least push 800. Any suggestion?
          DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            hey guys,

got a question...what size amp would be a good one to power my solo baric l7??? I was looking at visonik but I don't know how good they are??? Also has anyone heard of DHD??? I had one of there amps before...it could hold the power to my RF 12's ...but it made a loud popping noise when it turned off!!!! OTher wise it was sweet. I need the amp to at least push 800. Any suggestion?

what is the exact model of L7? visonik is ok, but they are sister companies with MA audio and mobile authority. mobile authority is the cheapest of the 3, visonik is supposed to be the middle, and MA is supposed to be the higher end competition equipment. too bad that all 3 are sub par the MA amp rated at 4400 watts won't even put out half that

Comment

it is the solo baric l7 2ohm dual voice coil.
              DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

all i can say is wow about the 2 fubr's and the a1800db. . . ..im still in break in stage and its just nice clean bass. . . not overbearing (yet at least). i wanna turn it up but i can't because im still in break-in, and 2 my circiut breaker won't let me. .so meh. . .i figured since i had a 140A breaker i would be fine with my stuff. .the a1800db has 90A of fuses and my other one has a 40A fuse and my carputer is 10A. ... .so that's 140A. that leads me to believe that my breaker wasn't really a 140 A fuse since i owuld have blown some fuses eh if my breaker needed a reason to reset.

or is this a new problem that i am not aware about?
                2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
                sun ground kit
                5spd sunroof
                7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

If your breaker is tripping then there is something amiss in the wiring. If you are not blasting your system, then there is somethign else drawing the current to trip the breaker and that could only be a short somewhere.

Comment

it only trips when i turn up the volume
                    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                    sun ground kit
                    5spd sunroof
                    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

it only trips when i turn up the volume

the problem with breakers is that they trip closer to their rated amperage. a fuse will allow 2 to 3 times the rated amperage through it for short bursts before popping. the PA amps are very power hungry. the A3000DB will draw over 190 amps at full power, even though they say 150 amps. course that draw is at 1/2 ohm for burps

Comment

Working...
                      X