No announcement yet.

new amp/sub suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i would suppose the amp im getting is going to be around 1300 rms if it was ever benched at 1 ohm eh. . good deal. .heh

anyways. . ..i found out how my friend would get the best buy discount for me. . .since its' only available online. . .. i would have to pay full retail for it first (totally gay) and then when it comes in he would have to buy and return it so i could get the discount. . ...hmmm. . .so that means i need like 500usd for that amp up front. . .that's pretty insane. .. .but i guess if what he says is true that i can get it for like 220 . . .hell yea. . ..im still not sure if i want a fubr or a mofo. . .maybe ill try a fubr first and then ill move up to a mofo when i want a ported box. . . .i really only like the fubr right now since it can be used in a sealed box (i kinda want something really small right now). . .i know the mofo will probably blow me away if and when i get it in a ported box. ...at the shop i went by today they were like ported is the way to go nowadays. .. as opposed to last year when i posed the same question they said sealed was still good. . . ..or maybe cause last year i was using my crappy jensen stuff (man they knocked on me hard for that. . . .bastards. . )
    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
    Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
    OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
    Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
    sun ground kit
    5spd sunroof
    Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
    power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

any word on the amp deal blue?
      2003 P5 Midnight Blue
      Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
      sun ground kit
      5spd sunroof
      7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
      6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Originally posted by traitorhound
        any word on the amp deal blue?

oh damn bro, i forgot sorry, i'll try to call on it tomorrow

Comment

cool

thanks
          2003 P5 Midnight Blue
          sun ground kit
          5spd sunroof
          7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
          6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

well, my distributor is out of stock on the amp right now they've become way more popular than they imagined once they get them back in stock, it would cost you about $275, which covers my friend's percentage over wholesale cost for taxes and his cut. they don't have any of the amps coming in this week, and next week they are closed for thanksgiving, so it'd be at least 2 weeks to get more in you could purchase it from etronics it's $250, and regular ground shipping is $15, and 3-day express is only $25, so you'd get it for the same price, and have it a lot faster. i'd recomend doing that, since i'll be doing some army training for the first 2 weeks in december, as long as they get the paper work through, so even if they do get more of the amps in stock after thanksgiving, i won't be around to pick it up for you sorry bro.

Comment

alright thanks man. . that's cool
              2003 P5 Midnight Blue
              sun ground kit
              5spd sunroof
              7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
              6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

alright i ordered the a1800db from www.discountave.net

weird how they have another site www.discountavenue.net which is an authorized version of their site and sells stuff for like 5% more but i bought it where it was cheaper. . .it was 269.99 shipped (they do free ground. . too bad its coming from CA)

but now ive been rethinking my sub decsion since i didn't go cheap on the amp anymore. ... .. any thoughts?

i still kinda like the fubr just for the price i can get it at (maybe two since im going for show now also

im also contemplating on not even putting speakers in the rear doors since they don't do anything anyway and just bridging my amp to just power the fronts. ...any thoughts on that or should i have some kind of rear fill still?

-rich
                Last edited by traitorhound; 11-24-2003, 09:01 PM.
                2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                sun ground kit
                5spd sunroof
                7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

the mofo's are dual 2 ohm, so they'd be getting the most power out of the amp. to go with the fubr's, you'd need 2 to run the amp at 1 ohm since you get the fubr's for so cheap, i'd go with 2 of them i run rear speakers, cause when i have someone in my back seat, i feel bad if all they hear is the bass

Comment

ok... .. .for 150 usd. . . .. 2 fubr's or 1 mofo 10?

i also found a mofo 12 for 140 shipped at buy.com with 10 dollar coupon that ends tommorwo night

. . .. .a single 12 is the largest sub i will go. . . i dont want a 15 in my trunch. . .so my config is going to be either:
                    one 10
                    2 10's
                    1 12

or is there a better sub for the money. . i wanna spend like 150-200 on the sub/subs for the a1800db

600rms @ 4ohm
                    1100 @ 2ohm
                    1400@ 1ohm

i dunno if its 1/2 ohm stable
                    Last edited by traitorhound; 11-30-2003, 12:32 AM.
                    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                    sun ground kit
                    5spd sunroof
                    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

i was basing going with PA cause of the prices your friend can get you, but the MOFO 10's and 12's don't have a ton of excursion. the 10 is only .5" and the 12 is .7", 13mm and 17mm. the fubr's at least have .6" on their 10" model, 16mm. but you can get that from a K-series from ED of the PA's, i'd go with the 2 fubr 10's. it'll be your cheapest route, and have the most output there's not a whole lot else in that price range that i'd recomend to be better than the 2 fubrs

Comment

turns out my friend isn't coming through for me so for the moment im looking eslewhere. . .i have until dec 19 to actually recieve the subs (my car will be in the shop till then. . .meh)

how aoubt the high excursion audiobahns that i showed you a while back. . AV1000X: i just looked at the specs for that it said 24mm xmax and those are 60 each
                        2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                        sun ground kit
                        5spd sunroof
                        7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                        6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

i'm never one to recomend audiobahn, but they should be on about the same SQ level as the fubr or mofo's, so i'd say go for it more excursion will allow it to play deeper also. plus the price is right

Comment

sweetness. . well i went with the fubr's finally. . ..friend actually came through and he looked up the sku and it will scan at 54.95 for 1 . ..so i got 2

they dont stock them in store though so i gotta wait for it. . but since i don't have a car till the 16th it don't matter

now on to buying 0 ga wire

i actually got my friend to buy my 4 ga that i had in my car so that will help lessen the cost for 0 ga and ring term/breaker deal

i wish they still have some kompressed 0ga

do you door sills not go down all the way or did you run the wires elsewhere
                            Last edited by traitorhound; 12-03-2003, 10:42 AM.
                            2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                            sun ground kit
                            5spd sunroof
                            7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                            6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

the BB here in charleston stocks the fubr's and for about $120, you'll be very satisfied did you compare your friend's prices for the RF amp kits to knukonceptz? i know the RF kits are cheap as hell with the discount
                              Buy Tinned Oxygen Free Copper Automotive and Solar Battery Cable. KnuKonceptz Ultra Flex Wire and Ground Wire is Available in Black, Blue, Red, and Neon Colors

they have the large compressed cable unless they are out of stock, and didn't take them off their site i've run 4 guage under the door sills, but the 1/0 cable is under the carpte

Comment

i didn't see any RF wiring kits that suited my needs at the store. . .the largest they had that i was able to see on the shelves was 4 ga . . ill have to check up on that. . . .hmm. . .under the carpet you say. . ill have to look more into that
                                2003 P5 Midnight Blue
                                sun ground kit
                                5spd sunroof
                                7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
                                6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Working...
                                X