No announcement yet.

B6t swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what are the advantages/disadvantages to the EDIS?
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

Comment

There is no real adventages other then you don't need a mecanical distibuter and it works well with the megasquirt wich i am using for engine managment. Oh and also the b6t distibuter is not totaly computer controled it is partly vacum controlled.

Comment

Block before piston removel

Block After piston removel

Pistons and rods

does anybody know if it maters if i mix up the hla's when i put them back in. Also should i just buy new ones instead of reusing the old ones?

Comment

nice pics... couldnt tell you about the HLA's though.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i have heard that i can reuse them but i will probably reaplace them since i am rebuilding the motor.

Comment

I would like to know if anybody sees anything missing from my list of parts to buy for my rebuild.
              Piston Rings
              Bearings(rods&mains)
              Gasket Set
              Head Gasket
              Head bolts
              Oil Pump
              Water Pump
              ThustWashers
              Timing Belt
              Main Studs

Comment

looks good to me.....

anyone else?

Comment

does it mater if the pistons and rods go back in the same cylinder or not(the fsm doesn't mention anything)? I will probably look stupid after asking this! and thanks for confirming my list d323

Comment

I wouldn't think so. Just look for scoring on the cylinder walls.... Since you got the stuff apart you should probably hone the block and have it hot tanked...

Comment

Yup I was planning on doing that. It actualy looks like new in the cylinders!

Comment

Originally posted by silverchris1
                        Yup I was planning on doing that. It actualy looks like new in the cylinders!
                        Awesome. Any other plans for the motor since you got it apart?

Comment

no not realy. not much in my buget just freshing it up and get it running. Then turn up the boost(I need to find a safe level of it). The rebuild is going to cost me about a grand or so i think. But i do plan on putting on a large exaust. What size is a good size do you think. Also when i am done and get some more money I will probalby get a larger turbo. I also will probalby get a FMIC before i start driving it.

Comment

most of the BG GTX guys go with a 2.5in, and the GTR's go with 3in.

2.5 should be fine if you have the boost turned up, although I can't be sure since my knowledge of the b6ts is limited. What turbo is planned for the eventual upgrade? If its a rather large turbo, then you might consider upgrading your piping @ that time as well.
                            Last edited by D323; 07-10-2005, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Cam seals
                              Distributor O ring, Intake/exhaust manny gaskets
                              TB gasket
                              Front and rear main seals
                              Timing belt tensioner

It would be best to keep the piston/rod combos in the same cylinder.
                              And........ Yes it does matter if you mix up the lifters. They should be put back in the same place. Unless ofcourse you get new lifters..... But otherwise they should go back where theyt were found, something to do with the wear patterns on the lifter and the corresponding cam lobe.
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

alot of the b6t guys do 2.5 so it's probably fine. I don't know what turbo i will use if i upgrade. It might be a vj11-vj14 highbrid turbo because i already have the vj14 and i can get a vj11 at the junk yard. And with that i can still use my stock manifiold

Comment

Working...
                                X