No announcement yet.

B6t swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Midnightblue97: I think althoughs gaskets you mentioned will be in the gasket set.I hope they are. But I forgot about the tensioner. I also don't know about the seals. I will check that. thanks. and about the lifters i found theat they wear alot faster if you mix them up.

Comment

Just a update on the swap. I am waiting for more money to continue. But here are some pics and some plans on my swap.
      Some update Pictures

Here are some updates for my megasquirt plans.
      I am hoping to have my boost control, EGT monitor, Knock sensor, Traction Control, And Vehicle Speed Sensor all done of the megasquirt. Sould be pretty cool once it is all working.

Engine Plans.
      I am thinking of trying to get ahold of some higher compression pistons(mabey from a miata). I think I am fine with the stock rods for now. New oil pump, water pump, get the block honed, Mabey get the turbo rebuilt or upgrade to a larger one. Should I get the head ported and polished? Anything I am missing? Oh yeah I still need to find a G-type Transmission.

Comment

Traction control? Care to explain?
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Anti-rev/ Traction Control - I think it is more like launch control.

Comment

very interesting... didnt realize that was an option on the MSnS. One thing I wonder though, wouldn't this system hinder burnouts?

Comment

I never thought about the burnouts. I will ethier have to figure a way out to disable it or set it so you get a burnout to a certain point.
              Edit: You should check out this page. Click Me

Comment

I was thinking about it, and wouldn't it also kill your RPM's when in neutral and reving the motor? Or does it have a sensor when in gear?

Oh and dont you have to set a base rpm/sec as a reference? I mean using their 2500rpm/sec is a nice general base, but if your car doesnt slip and you accelerate faster than that, you wont get the full potential of the motor. Make sense?

cool idea though.

Comment

Ya makes sense. I might not use that untill it is more refined and has a way to be shut off while running. Thanks for making me relize that before I started the hole megasquirt project .

Comment

lol, no problem. I didnt want you to feel like I was ****ting on your project; but at the same time I know what goes into making a MSnS system work, and all that headache for nothing would have pissed you off to no ends I am sure.

Comment

Yup it probably would of pissed me off. I wouldn't of posted it on the internet if I didn't want other people opinions on it.

Comment

Your probably better of using the vehicle speed sensors, becusause the car may rev 2500/sec BEFORE boost, but then it may rev 3500/sec or something like that.
                        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Well I was planning on hooking a vss up because I think one of the programs to tune it can calculate MPG for you. So I might play with it after I get it going. The best thing about going with the megasquirt is I won't have to buy a seperate boost controller and it is probably cheaper then finding and getting the b6t ecu chipped.

Comment

Working...
                          X