No announcement yet.

Gtx ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I'll keep in touch. Thank for the consideration.

Comment

im currently running with a GTX ecu 3 wire tps and no knock sensor.. car runs fine as for gas milieage...its ok i guess.....
      My Toys =D

Comment

If the gtx engine is a non-interference motor, how would it be possible for me to smash my #1 spark plug? My timing belt jumped. I've reset my everything to TDC and my motor turns over, but it doesn't start. I don't know what else to do. One of my friends it tell me that I have bent vavles. But he hasn't physicaly looked at my motor yet.

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
        im currently running with a GTX ecu 3 wire tps and no knock sensor.. car runs fine as for gas milieage...its ok i guess.....

Comment

it sounds like you detonated. The force of the explosion blew up the spark plug

Comment

sounds like that to me too.. but when you said smashed do you mean that your piston literrally hit the sparkplug??.. als did you check if you have fuel and spark?..
            My Toys =D

Comment

It looks like the piston hit the spark plug. Thats the only way the spark plug can get like that right? I didin't know that detonating could do that also. I'll try to get a picture of the spark plug. I'm a wits end right know. I getting plenty of fuel, because its all over the spark plugs, when I pull one out. I also plug a plug and put it into the spark plug wire sat it on the vavle cover and watched it spark. I don't know what else to do. What should be my next step?

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
              sounds like that to me too.. but when you said smashed do you mean that your piston literrally hit the sparkplug??.. als did you check if you have fuel and spark?..
              Last edited by Fritz360; 02-20-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

check compression

Comment

I don't see how the piston can hit the spark plug... it's a dome shaped pocket on the head, and the spark plug sits right at the top of the dome... it would have to break the con rod or pin and float all the way up to the top of the dome squishing the valves.

I'm gonna go with bad detonation.

Like Lex says, do a compression test and get back to us.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                  Member of MX-3.com
                  1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                  1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

If the timing is off, does that have anything to do with compression? I just did a compression check and this is what I got.

#1-120 and had a smashed spark plug
                    #2-60
                    #3-30
                    #4-100

Could that also be a blown headgasket?

Originally posted by Shades
                    I don't see how the piston can hit the spark plug... it's a dome shaped pocket on the head, and the spark plug sits right at the top of the dome... it would have to break the con rod or pin and float all the way up to the top of the dome squishing the valves.

I'm gonna go with bad detonation.

Like Lex says, do a compression test and get back to us.
                    Attached Files

Comment

By the looks of your compression test, you have a blow head gasket inbetween cylinders 2 and 3... those are really low.

Rule of thumb for compression test... your numbers should not be lower than 10% less of the highest number.

I'm sure someone else here can back me up on his blown headgasket.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

Well if he has his timing way off still you could show bad on a comp test. Most likely it is a bad gasket.
                        hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

Ok, if your timing is off... setup it up right and do the compression test again. If you get low on 2 and 3 again, you've blown a head gasket between the cylinders.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

What is a leak down test, and how do I do one?

Originally posted by Shades
                            Ok, if your timing is off... setup it up right and do the compression test again. If you get low on 2 and 3 again, you've blown a head gasket between the cylinders.

Comment

If the problem is a head gasket, I have an extra one to replace it. But does that mean that its not bent vavles? Do I also have to re-surface the head? I've got an extra BP NA head, can I use that on the BP26?

Comment

Working...
                              X