No announcement yet.

Gtx ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can use the NA head, but you will see a loss of down low torque.

The BP is a non-interference motor meaning you cant have bent valves b/c of your timing being off.

Re-surface the head if its warped.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

What does a blown head gasket look like? Just did another compression check and I got the same numbers kinda. I'm not sure if the timing was off, because I TDC'd again and got. So, is that a blown head gasket between 2 and 3, or is my motor just shot? I'm about to pull the head in about 10 mins, with pictures to follow.
      1st time 2nd time
      1-120 1-90
      2-60 2-60
      3-30 3-30
      4-70, or 100 friend looking at gauge. 4-70

Comment

Just took the head off about an hour ago. And it is now confirmed, I am the new member of the zoom zoom boom club! I will have pictures up tomorrow. I can't figure out what went wrong. My head is all beat up looking, and #4 piston has as peice missing out of it. How can that happen if the BP is a no interference motor? The head looked like it was warped also. There where no dents in the middle of the pistons as if the spark plug hit.

Comment

Maybe you had problems with detonation
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Piston number 4.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fritz360; 02-26-2006, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I was running to rich to detonate.

Originally posted by charles
              Maybe you had problems with detonation

Comment

Are you sure?

Also, upload the picture to here.

Comment

Yea postive, I was running so rich, that I could smell it.[

QUOTE=charles]Are you sure?

Also, upload the picture to here.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Do you have any more detailed pics of the spark plug? Are the elctrodes touching fully? Are they fused together? Are there any white spots?

Comment

it's interesting to see such clean looking pistons. The top of my pistons are black due to carbon buildup

Edit ... if you were running really rich you should see carbon buildup unless you were washing those things down with gas.

Maybe an injector failed.
                      Last edited by Lex; 02-27-2006, 07:03 PM.

Comment

By the looks of your piston, you definately had detonation like everyone else said... from running too rich of course, you can have detonation and running rich... especially when you have no compression in your other cylinders.

Could you take the old gasket off the head and grab a nice picture for us... I wanna see how your fire ring was sealing, please.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                        Member of MX-3.com
                        1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                        1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

OK

Originally posted by Shades
                          By the looks of your piston, you definately had detonation like everyone else said... from running too rich of course, you can have detonation and running rich... especially when you have no compression in your other cylinders.

Could you take the old gasket off the head and grab a nice picture for us... I wanna see how your fire ring was sealing, please.

Comment

How can you have detonation from running too rich?

Comment

You probably were running rich after you had detonation and caused some damage... when you have little compression in the other cylinders, the ecu may think that you just need more fuel.

So what are you gonna do now?... you're gonna have to change that piston, and I don't think you can just buy one, unless you go the dealership.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                              Member of MX-3.com
                              1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                              1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

You probably were running rich after you had detonation and caused some damage... when you have little compression in the other cylinders, the ecu may think that you just need more fuel.

So what are you gonna do now?... you're gonna have to change that piston, and I don't think you can just buy one, unless you go the dealership.

Comment

Working...
                                X