No announcement yet.

323 v6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The auto axles are different tho. FInd soem Manual axles.

Comment

i thought ATX and MTX axles were the same for MX3s? or at least the drive axle, aka the small stubby one.

JACK
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

My thought is that the axles migt be shorter. I believe they will fit, they are just skinier, and i never got a chance to count the splines. I used to have a extra ATX axle one, but i threw it away. THe 4cyl linkage is the same as the Protege/323, and the 6cyl linkage is a bit longer. So the 323F 2.0 linkage would work. AS we used the exact same setup to run my friends 2.0Kfze in his Mx3.

Comment

the automatic axle did fit, but it dident fit where the bolts are going in to the block for suporting the axle, starting to get a little tired of this hehe

Comment

ooooooh, i thought u were talkin about the strut bolts not fitting to the spindle with the axle in. So you got the axles in?

Comment

yes we did, that is the problem.
              but i tried the inner half shaft from the auto trans just to see

Comment

it is no problem any mor becaus i gonna shorten my mx-3 axle i find a company that does this

Comment

and the shifter and linkage from the gearbox do i need the shifter that goes inside the car to

then i mean the shifter that goes down there and in to the car or isit just these two i need
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by low and slow; 04-03-2006, 08:37 AM.

Comment

im not sure, abotu that all the ones i had stiull had the shifter attached tothe linkage.

Comment

I had the exact same axle problem you had; it drove me nuts for a week. What you need to do is get some washers and install a few of them under the passenger mount to lower the passenger side of the engine a cm or two. You will have to experiment with the number of washers. You don't need to change the shifter, you only need those two parts you showed above.

You dont need to modify the axles, axle joints, or spindles. Just mount the engine a bit downward on the passenger side.
                      Last edited by sysopt; 05-02-2006, 04:59 AM.
                      V6 swap write-up

Computer support, troubleshooting, and maintenance

Comment

i would rater shorten the axle than to that to the engine is maked tho stand straigt and not tipped over to one side

Comment

i have read yuor v6 swap and i have a problem to get fuel to the engine to and i was wondering where the fuel pump relay was

Comment

The fuel pump relay is that little black box next to the ecu. You need the v6 relay.
                            V6 swap write-up

Comment

sysopt you need to take a trip to cincinnati and help me with my klze swap this winter.
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

It's really not that bad, once you have all the parts. This was my first swap. Don't worry, you can do it. jitb37 will gladly help you too.

Wow I'm so tired. Gotta go bed.
                                V6 swap write-up

Comment

Working...
                                X