No announcement yet.

Goin' Megasquirt (My progress thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can NOT get Msns-e to install on the MS and I can NOT figure out why!!!

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Could you post a screen shot of the error messages you get when you try installing it? I might be able to help...

Comment

I'll try it again tonight after work. I just deleted everything related to megatune and I am just going to start all over. I'll post something tonight on tomorrow after noon.

Comment

Well I tried it a again and here's what I got
          So I ran the copyini.bat and the DOS window came up with-

Out of environment space
          Copying msns-extra.ini...check for errors
          -
          C:\EFI\029v>copy msns-extra.ini"c:\program files\megasquirt-megatune 2.25"
          1 file copied

C:\EFI\029v>copy msns-extra.ini"c:\program files\megasquirt-megatune 2.25"\msns-extra.ini.029s
          1 file copied

So I tried flashing msns-e and this is what I got-

-c1 msns-extra.s19
          Bad command or file name

So I checked the compile.bat and it came up with-

Error in Assembly
          error 14 wirting .LST or .MAP file-check disk space.

It happened on line 14909 out of 22050.

So that's what's happening.

Comment

wish i could help ya out there
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I was using this install write up BTW
              Useful Saved Posts - Software Installation - This guide requires the following software; MegaTune download from here (http://www.megamanual.com/files/software/) MSnSE (either the standard or the Hi-Res codes) MSnSe 029v (http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/files/alpha/029v.zip), or MsnSE Hi-Res...

Comment

So... an update. STILL having the same issues, I've been talking to Matt form diyautotune.com and he gave a software pack to try and it look care of my compile.bat issue, but I'm still getting the other 2.

Comment

Try using the MS2 code downloader:

Sure, it's marked as an MS-II utility, but it works with MS-I too. You just need to set its communication speed to 9600 and the port to your COM port. Then power down the Megasquirt, short the boot jumper, and power it back up. Go to File -> Open and select your MSnS-E S19 file. It'll then load it into the Megasquirt.

Comment

have you tried talking to jacobrussell about your problem?

Comment

It lives!!!

I finally got Msns-e to load on to the MS.

but I'm still having an odd rpm read issue, but I might not have all the setting entered in right. I'm going to screw with it a bit more.

Comment

awesome!!!! no more codes?? what was the issue
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I have no idea what the issue was. I use diyautotune's software pack and the MS 2 downloader and it worked. Now I just have to figure out the software.

Comment

i hate it when that happens, something all of a sudden decides to work after not working... i'm the kind of person that I wont rest til i find out why it wasn't working, even if it's working now. lets just say that's gotten me in trouble in the past.

93' 5spd DX
                            R.I.P

Comment

Alright so here's the scoop. My first issue with not having RPM was I did not have Msns-e working. So I tried flashing my MS and was having some big issues with that. I ended up taking to Matt from diyautotune.com and he gave me there software pack (here: http://diyautotune.com/softwarelinks.htm ). I would highly recommend using it, but still couldn't get msns-e loaded with the loader in the msns-e software, so I gave the MS-II downloader that was included with the pack a shot

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                              Try using the MS2 code downloader:

Sure, it's marked as an MS-II utility, but it works with MS-I too. You just need to set its communication speed to 9600 and the port to your COM port. Then power down the Megasquirt, short the boot jumper, and power it back up. Go to File -> Open and select your MSnS-E S19 file. It'll then load it into the Megasquirt.
                              And it WORKED!!! I'm now using 029y4.

Now I'm still not getting a RPM read out, but from what I've read I might not ever see RPM with the stim. Apparently the stim doesn't "get along" with mods I've done for my ignition in's and out's. Some people have got if to work by removing the CKP pull-up resistor (temporarily) or installing a 200 ohm 1 watt resistor in place of R4 on the stim. I tried both of them did not work for me, and from what Matt said the stim doesn't behave like miata sensors so I just have to try it on the car.

I have some of the mods that I wanted to do done. I did the sequential shift lights, launch control/flat shift, and boost controller mods. I still might put a fan controller, knock controller on there too. And I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with my ignition. I know I'm going DIS but I don't know what type of igniter I'm going to use. I have 2 stock igniters from the BP, a igniter off of a 4G61 (I don't know if it's the same as a DSM) or if I should just say F it a pick up 4 VB921's and go COP. I'll post some pix of my board so far ASAP.

That's it for now. Stay tune for more.

Comment

I had no issue reading RPM from the stim on my MS which worked fine with the BP disty. You should be using a basic hall/opto ignition pickup with a pull-up resistor.

Comment

Working...
                                X