No announcement yet.

Goin' Megasquirt (My progress thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks keegan, can't wait to stop back up into MN i'll be bringing a block next time i come up rick
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sweet and I have a harness for yu. Are going to give building your MS2 a shot or have it built?

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
      98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Update:

I just finished a ruff draft of my wiring harness. I still don't know what I'm going to use for igniters so I left them out, but here it is.

I tried to include the stock harness colors.

What do you think? I'll make a bigger one as soon as I know if it works, if any of you want it.

FYI: This diagram uses all the same colors as the wiring harness available at http://www.glensgarage.com/

Comment

nice! reminds me of what my harness looks like. or should.... very nice
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

All right so I started to wire up the MS last night, but I hit a little snag.

What wires do what on the stock igniter and where is the best place to mount my AIT sensor?

Comment

AIT should be 2-4" from the TB for a more accurate temp of whats going into the engine

wish i could help on the igniter issue
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

for those that dont know i provide full email forum and phone support for people who purchase from me

sorry to be a scrouge but i have to do this

i will tell you the MS can direct fire the coil so take the ignitor out

also ignition event(rpm) comes from white wire on the dizzy
                eat me

Comment

on cas yellow or yellow/blue is home only used for wasted spark

if you are going wasted spark you should buy the coil driver board from glens garage this is a feature i have on my services page
                  eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell View Post
                    for those that dont know i provide full email forum and phone support for people who purchase from me

sorry to be a scrouge but i have to do this

i will tell you the MS can direct fire the coil so take the ignitor out

also ignition event(rpm) comes from white wire on the dizzy
                    I know I could pick up some VB921's but it now longer made and I can get Protege ignitor for free. I just need to know IB, G, and OC do. I assume G is ground, but the rest I'm lost.

Comment

I just remembered that I had a wiring FSM!!!

If looks like G is ground, IB goes to the coil output from the MS and the OC goes to the coil.

I'll have to give that a shot.

Comment

Y/L goes to coil, G/W is triggered by ECU, third is ground

EDIT ... a little late

Comment

easy to figure out if you open a harness up..

also there is a replacement for the vb921
                          eat me

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                            Y/L goes to coil, G/W is triggered by ECU, third is ground

EDIT ... a little late
                            Sweet

Did you use the stock igniter?

Originally posted by jacobrussell View Post
                            easy to figure out if you open a harness up..

also there is a replacement for the vb921
                            I haven't herd anything good about any of them.

Comment

Look what I FOUND!!!

Comment

its a knock control box rick, whats the significance??? you figure out exactly where all of the wires should be going?

Comment

Working...
                                X