No announcement yet.

Rice's MS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirt is in, wideband is in. Will not start... Not sure what the deal is. I have power to the MS. Having issues getting the computer to connect but the MS should have a map on it already
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

you know who to call! and it's not the ghostbusters...lol

JACK.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

your gonna need the laptop connection to verify the MS settings.
        Is there injector pulse on the MS Led's?
        Fuel pressure?
        Spark?
        Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
          your gonna need the laptop connection to verify the MS settings.
          Is there injector pulse on the MS Led's?
          Fuel pressure?
          Spark?
          Injector pulse on the MS LED? Yes when cranking there is one blinking light
          Fuel pressure? The fuel pump primes when I click the key to "ON"
          Spark? I cant say for sure. I need someone to turn the key so I can ground out a plugwire for a spark
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

What about the computer connection,whats up there?
            Powered by ACME

Comment

Nate, do your connection settings look like this on the laptop?

We have you get you connected to the MS before we can do more troubleshooting. The MS has power so there should be nothing preventing you from connecting.

Are there any issues with the serial ports on the laptop you are using? Did you install MS and then copy the folder as I suggested in the instructions?

I have to run make dinner now that I'm finally home but will be on later.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes. I was trying each port in that communication settings window.
                It should say "sucess" under verify ECU Communication?
                I'm going to have to find out how to change the settings on the computer to work with the MS.
                Should it be on COM4?
                When I start megatune with it on any COM port other than COM1 I get a grey popup like the one pictured.

When I restart MT on COM1 I do not get that message but I still cant connect to the MS

Comment

Have a read through this as well. You have an MSI with V3.0 board. I think it's computer or cable related though since the serial worked just fine before so checking pins is probably not necessary.

EFI, Fuel Injection, Auto, automotive, car, TPI, computation, ECU, MegaSquirt, GPIO, MicroSquirt, Sequencer, stim, MegaShift, MShift, DIY, transmission, 4L60E, 4L80E, controller, shifter

Comment

Been doing some tinkering with it with a fresh mind today. I've made more progress in 20 mins then I did all last night.

I've got a connection between the MS and computer.
                    I'm using MS1 and the datarate for the connection was set on a MS2 setting
                    Waiting to hear back what lex thinks about what I did and the new pop up warning

Just to reference what is going on now. I'm getting this error message

Its after I copied the folder into the program files and changed the datarate to the MS1.

If I hit "no" then I can see real time values including temps and tps position.
                    Last edited by wheresthericego; 05-13-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Its telling you the code variant is wrong .open MT go to file and open configutor.