• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woot 3002 posts

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
      lol

what if i put in a gtx rail to drop the cc's of the injectors a bit could that work as well
      The rail doesn't make a difference, the FPR does. So unless he's running an EGT FPR for some retarded reason, it won't matter...
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

i have a gtx rail so im assuming it has the gtx fpr on it im sure the rail in the mx3 is the stock protege rail

Comment

GTX rail = Protege rail = GTR rail

And I think the GTX and LX FPR are the same.
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

you want the LX FPR.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ryan - what a/f did you get with the bp26 ecu rx7 injectors rx7 vaf and vf12

so i have a bp55 gtx ecu and the check engine an charge lights are on im wondering if its the ecu or just the mx3 wiring is different the car always starts right up after a cold night

Comment

all depends what wiring was done. not sure about the charge light persay.

I don't have an a/f guage. my wideband isn't installed yet either
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

is this after you installed the BP55 in the car? Charge light might be indicative of a different problem. In BP55 ECUs the check engine light is not used at all. Is there a lot of extra wiring done to the harness?

Comment

the wiring for the safc map sensor and the msd 6al is all i could tell from looking at it

Comment

easiest way to tell if the CEL is actually showing a code is jump it like you would a normal BP05 and see if it flashes a code. if it does not then theres something else wired to it or a short.
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i thought that you could read codes with one of the gtx ecu's or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                          i thought that you could read codes with one of the gtx ecu's or something like that
                          there is a way to wire it that way but none of the gtx ecus work with the usdm harness/cluster for the cel
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

the only way the CEL light should be lit is if its wired improperly. pin 1E isn't setup as an output/input on the GTX ecu @ all. I set my harness's up to light the CEL when the boost light would normally be activated from the gtx ecu.
                            move pin 1E in the harness to pin 2R. & you want move the pins in the back of the cluster plug to move it to the top rather then lighting the check engine light as a boost indicator.

Comment

so how do the JDM's do CEL?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                                so how do the JDM's do CEL?
                                they do, but they have a different cluster thats wired differently
                                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X