No announcement yet.

True plug and play MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the MS2 has a MAP sensor built in? And you use the IAT sensor to make it fully speed density? Seems simple enough. If it's more precise fuel control then I'm after it.

It would be nice to have the flat shift and launch control options. The guys at the autocross would **** their pants.

Do you actually think I can get close to 300HP with a vf8/vj20 hybrid?

I'm really after torque honestly. My goal is 300 ft/lbs of torque.

Are they're any datalogging features to help me tune the car? I'm assuming that would make it much easier to tune so you can get more than a instant moments glance at sensor values, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by pikespeakgtx View Post
      So the MS2 has a MAP sensor built in? And you use the IAT sensor to make it fully speed density? Seems simple enough. If it's more precise fuel control then I'm after it.

It would be nice to have the flat shift and launch control options. The guys at the autocross would **** their pants.

Do you actually think I can get close to 300HP with a vf8/vj20 hybrid?

I'm really after torque honestly. My goal is 300 ft/lbs of torque.

Are they're any datalogging features to help me tune the car? I'm assuming that would make it much easier to tune so you can get more than a instant moments glance at sensor values, etc...
      The MSI and MSII both come with a built in 2.5 bar (~21psi) map sensor that can be upgraded up to a 3 or 4 bar sensor.

The speed density algorithm uses the map sensor (load - or air density) and rpm (for speed) to determine what volumetric efficiency your motor has at a particular operating point. This table relating the speed and density of air entering the plant is called the VE table and this is what you "tune" in your MS system to achieve the desired air-fuel ratio. This is why a wideband sensor is crucial - it gives you feedback.

Since air has a different density at different temperatures the final fueling (pulsewidth in milliseconds) is adjusted (or trimmed) by the air temperature value read through that IAT sensor. This final fueling is also trimmed by other enrichments due to sudden acceleration, deceleration, warmup, etc.

Of course speed density systems are inferior to mass air systems because as soon as you change the volumetric efficiency of your motor (intake, cams, exhaust, etc) you have to recalibrate the VE table whereas with mass airflow this is not required as mass air ingested is directly calculated by the sensor. However, since you have full control of the VE table, it's fun to tweak it as you change components on the car.

All those options (flat shift, launch control) require to wire in the clutch switch and turn the features on and off in the MS software. It's not hard to setup.

As for the hp number, 300bhp, maybe but I doubt you'll see 300whp because the exhaust side of the VJ20 is quite restrictive. The torque on these motors is close to the hp figure, so I would say in the mid to high 200s for both on that turbo.

Yes, datalogging of all engine parameters is standard and is done on your laptop - no extra hardware needed. The software to analyze the data is also free and I include it with the MS. It is called megalogviewer. Here you can see all parameters and change your fuel table (VE table) and timing while you're examining the exact portion of the graph of interest. I included a snapshot of what the logging software looks like.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lex; 01-09-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I will probubly be interested in one of these with the vaf delete. For my 1993 mazda mx-3 with a bpt swap. As im perty sure i burnt out the bp26 ecu that is in it. When i installed a safc that im perty sure is faulty i hooked it up and it read 100% airflow with the car off. now with the safc off the car will only run 9.2 afr now and cuts out bad right off of idle. Not sure if thats the vaf or the ecu but if its the ecu i will be haveing to go standalone because good luck finding that ecu.
        sigpic
        1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
        1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
        1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
        Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
        Daily driver

Comment

what are you looking for a price range for this new mgs2?
          GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
          AND
          THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

Yes
            sigpic
            1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
            Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
            Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 13thghost View Post
              what are you looking for a price range for this new mgs2?
              mgs2?

The base unit with no options will be in the $500 range while the MSII processor will be an option for less than $100 on top of the base unit. I will have pricing finalized for the packages and options by the end of the month.

Good news is that I took a test unit and plugged it into a completely bone stock B8 323 and it fired up on first crank and ran like a champ.

Comment

Im sure it will be cheaper than the Haltech E6X at around $1000. Thats what i have been looking at. The map editing softwares apear to be similer.
                sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post

Good news is that I took a test unit and plugged it into a completely bone stock B8 323 and it fired up on first crank and ran like a champ.

cool cant wait to get mine and the stim and mess with it for a little while before its gets installed

Comment

Originally posted by BlackMazdaMx-3 View Post
                    Im sure it will be cheaper than the Haltech E6X at around $1000. Thats what i have been looking at. The map editing softwares apear to be similer.
                    The MS is hands down the cheapest standalone for our vehicles and it has a rich support base on the BP platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                      The MS is hands down the cheapest standalone for our vehicles and it has a rich support base on the BP platform.
                      I don't think you're that Rich... but you are a pretty good support base on the BP platform.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                      Member of MX-3.com
                      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Right now i have safc-neo, but a friend of mine has a MS and i am interested in the price for the pnp cables, just the converter.
                        94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

Uh, I don't think you quite understand what's going on here.

He's not selling converter cables- this will be a PNP MS ecu for the BG...
                          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Let me know if you are going to sell the connectors and what is involved with the internal adjustments, only if you plan on selling the connectors. Too bad I already own mine or I would get yours. Thanks

Comment

wow i can't wait for this!
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by roymacavoy View Post
                                Let me know if you are going to sell the connectors and what is involved with the internal adjustments, only if you plan on selling the connectors. Too bad I already own mine or I would get yours. Thanks
                                Initially it will be a package deal but down the road I will see about just the harness.

I have come to the conclusion that I will start off with offering a particular package. Then, as I test and develop new solutions and options, they will be added on.

Comment

Working...
                                X